Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, they've said at various occasions that Bono wrote the song after U2 were asked to contribute music to the Mandela movie and after he was sent love letters that Nelson wrote to Winnie Mandela, so that's the origin of the song.

But the song can be taken out of context any time. If it wasn't connected to the movie, it's very easy to assume it has nothing to do with Mandela. It's very universal.

They likely have said that because they need that to be true in order to be nominated for an Oscar...

Odds are, especially considering the way U2 work, the song existed in some form prior to them being asked to contribute it to the movie.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

If they play Beautiful Day or another oldie, I'm going to throw a slipper at my TV.

Seriously, I think I'd rather here them just play one song, then trot out another old hit again. How does that help them stay relevant? "Remember this song we had that everyone loved way back when?"

If they play Beautiful Day or another oldie, I'm going to throw a slipper at my TV.

Seriously, I think I'd rather here them just play one song, then trot out another old hit again. How does that help them stay relevant? "Remember this song we had that everyone loved way back when?"

I hope you have home owners insurance

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Make sure to lift with your knees and not your back when you go to pick it up. :wink:

th

I'm hoping for a less well known old one like maybe Ultraviolet, which they were really happy with the last time out.

I'm hoping for a less well known old one like maybe Ultraviolet, which they were really happy with the last time out.

Can you imagine if Jimmy Fallon asks them to play it? Unless they're going to play the credits as they're performing and cut it out, like what happened on SNL. :angry:

(I didn't get to see UV on U2360 - but HMTMKMKM was fucking badass - so of course I wouldn't mind if they even thought of performing it again. :reject:)

Actually, I guess if they're performing Invisible there's a chance they use the wheel mic. In the clip it's a juiced up model that is featuring heavily in all the imagery around the song, and it's likely it's a new tour feature that will be used a lot more than just the 2-3 songs on 360. So if they are performing more than one song, maybe it will be one that suits that style of Bono-performance a bit more. Whatever that means.

I have no problem with them doing an old song, if it's far older than Beautiful Day and it's in addition to Invisible.

Do we have official word they'll do 2 songs?

I'm assuming they'll play 'Invisble', interview, & close out the show with another.

I think they'll get more buzz doing something different. Desire, Out of Control, Electric Co., or Some Days Are Better Than Others? (kidding on the last one)

Maybe there are only two guests, but he's going to fill time by doing his sketches or other usual stuff he did on the other show? I know those are hugely popular. And it's the debut show, so I'm sure it'll be chock full o' fun stuff.

Lucky New Yorkers. If only this had happened in the summer, when I lived in New York.

Back
Top Bottom