Will U2 get to no.1 in the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
Yeah I know that its normally a forgone conclusion when they release the first single off a new album, but isn't Emineememem's single out the same week? And if it is no doubt the idiots who like that shit will be sending that to number 1. What sad musical tastes the kids have these days!:wink:

i'v passivley seen/heard/read more on u2 than eminem
i think it is widly recognised that eminem's new song is utter b*****ks.

I was on about Vertigo getting to number 1 but I suppose also the album. Funny that the only album of U2's in the past 20 years not to make number 1 was Achtung Baby cos it was released the same week as Michael Jacksons crappy Dangerous, funny that seen as how it is their BEST album as well.

brownda7 said:
yes, I think even POP went to number 1

EVEN POP? WHAT?!

POP WAS AMAZING!!! IT WAS SO ROCK N ROLL, JUST HIDDEN BEHIND THE SOUNDS OF THE 90s!! IT FUCKIN ROCKS!!!

AHAHHAGFGHSDKLFJSDZSCVXVNKLASDFJKLASDFJJAKSLCMASDKLMFLSDLDSK

:wink:

"Pop" was amazingly popular in Canada. All the songs charted very well and sales were very strong. In fact, "Pop" was so successful in Canada, that it caused the label to release older CD singles, which also charted!

I'm not sure if HTDAAB will hit #1 in the U.K. or the U.S. or other countries due to strong competition from younger popular artists. But I'd rather see the album hit #2 or #3 and then linger near the top, than hit #1 and fall fast (as "Pop" did in many countries).

in regards to the singles...Desire, The Fly, Discotheque and Beautiful Day all went to the top straightaway...me thinks Vertigo will go the same way...we'll have to wait and see come next Sunday

Eminems single is out now, in England anyway, and will no doubt get to no.1 in the chart 2moro.

Question is, can Vertigo knock it off next week?

FUCK YEAAHH!!

Back
Top Bottom