will u2 ever play a festival again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMHO I don't see U2 playing festivals.. they're comfortable in their 3-4 years album-tour-silence sequence, although I'd love to see them doing festivals... ....there's only one 'problem' (at least here in Holland). A festival would sell out instantly when U2 is on a bill, just because U2 is there.. It would mean a long series of support acts and then U2...... ..... I think that concert promotors aren't keen on this.. Here in the Lowlands, a day ticket for a big festival would be around 60 Euro's... At a U2 concert You'd pay 60 Euros for nosebleed tickets.... There is some calculation/Economy involved here...

If the Glastonbury promoter is pissed it U2, it makes sense that he'd turn around and say he's getting "the biggest band in the world," and have it be someone other than U2 -- since "biggest band" is one of Bono's favorite phrases.

As for "biggest band in the world" other than U2, I can think of:

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Green Day
3. Coldplay
4. The Police (?)
5. Rolling Stones

Maybe I'm forgetting a band or two, but I think anyone else would be a stretch...

LyricalDrug said:

Uh... LiveAid?

:wink:

That was back when they did play festivals. In fact, I believe it was their last scheduled festival appearance if we're not counting Live 8 (if I remember correctly, their appearance at Cork's Lark By The Lee later in 1985 was unannounced).

Back
Top Bottom