Will This Happen ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvolutionMonkey

Acrobat
I just started thinking about what could be the near future timeline regarding this new album and ... Ok what are the chances that in their private meetings regarding the theft that they decide that the best way to DIFFUSE :wink: the situation is to beat the thief to the punch by releasing snippets of the songs. This way they not only take the potential thunder away from the thief but can release cd quality snippets of their choice as opposed to demo quality entire tracks. The fact is regardless of whoever releases the stuff, it will be played by radio stations throughout the world so it is in U2's best interest to release 30 second clips of the songs.

Let's start a petition for snippets, that will tie us over till the album release. :drool:

Last edited:
The ATYCLB snippets were leaked by the bands website because they were promoting the hell out of that album.

Of course they had planne don only previweing 2 songs at a time over a span of weeks, but someone figured out the URLK"s to all 11 clips.

I don't think the promotion for this album will be the same. I think they want to sneak up on people as much as possible.

There is almost no way they will be able to stop a leak right until the day it's release. My guess is that the hold out for as long asthey can. Meaning no snippets. But that doesn't mean that the whole thing won't get leaked before November. JMHO.

U2 is the most secretive musical organization I have ever followed. What they do is sometimes very carefully calculated, and it puts the market into a tizzy as to what they plan to do. I'm not saying that this "supposed" CD theft is a planted story, but the fact that no one has heard anything from this CD makes me very suspicious, or lends credence to the fact that it was simply misplaced.

My belief is that unless the "stolen" CD is leaked anytime soon they will follow the U2 formula of leaking a track or two (and then putting out a "cease and desist" order to those stations that play it) to hype the album and then follow by putting out snippets of songs in October/November.

I think that we'll begin hearing something by the end of August with a single to come out in mid-September. But this is all just an educated guess.

We'll see......:ohmy:

EvolutionMonkey said:

Do you think they have an underground Bat Cave where they meet and decide these monumental decisions ? :hmm: :D

Yes I do, it's Nice, France or Hanover Quay. Really, when (latter day) U2 is ready to release an album they are more than quiet until album release. These guys are disciplined....I'll give them that.

I guarantee we won't hear anything about singles until they are ready to announce it. Same goes for tracklisting of the album. When they are ready we will know. Until then, rampant speculation is all we have.

I wonder if they get off on all of this $h*t????:scratch:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

...U2 is ready to release an album they are more than quiet until album release. These guys are disciplined....I'll give them that.

I guarantee we won't hear anything about singles until they are ready to announce it. Same goes for tracklisting of the album. When they are ready we will know. Until then, rampant speculation is all we have....

Somebody should get really drunk with one of them to get some info...

GO ALBUM GO !!!

"but the fact that no one has heard anything from this CD makes me very suspicious, or lends credence to the fact that it was simply misplaced"

I agree but I would also add one thing.

Perhaps the person who stole it has no idea how to get it online.
It's still a possibilty. Maybe a small one, but possible.

And then one other theory:
If it was me, and I "aquired" the album before all of you. I would leak one song, the one that I would guess to be the single and none of the rest. Out of respect for the band. The single will be out soon enough, I don't think that would piss off the band too much. May seem silly, but I can understand the frustration of artistic integrity being comprimised.

If I were U2 and worked so hard on this album, I would want it to get to fans the way it was intended, they way they want to do it.
The single, however, it's fair game IMO. :wink:

Or maybe that person has no idea who U2 is and already threw the songs away.

Or the person is nervous about the news of police being involved and decided to keep quiet.

:shrug:

If there's any possibility the songs will come on the net, they will speed up the release, Ipod and otherwise. I have a feeling we can forget 22 November date, and expect something sooner.

Last edited:
"I have a feeling we can forget 22 November date, and expect something sooner."

Yep, I would think that considering they are done now, they finished in the same time frame that they finished ATYCLB, so the release might have been moved up anyways.

All I have to say is, PUT THE FUCKING THING OUT!!!!, pretty please with sugar on top.

Perhaps the person who has it is gloating over it the same way I would, were it to have magically come into my possession, with no way for me to return it to it's rightful owners. Listening to it on headphones so no one else can hear it, and keeping it a secret forever.

Whoever stole it was at that photo shoot and was questioned, if not threatened, by the police. They're probably not some fanatic fan or internet geek who would love to put it on the net. They don't want any trouble and didn't realize what a stir this would cause. Therefore, the CD is probably sitting in their closet next to some socks and won't see the light of day.

single is out in september.
album in november.

Back
Top Bottom