Will they play Vertigo a lot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
I was wondering ... after they play Vertigo for the first time. Then the radio stations will play Vertigo a lot after, right? I see that some people here worry about not getting to hear Vertigo. But is that the premiere you are worried about (I can understand that)? But isn't it like this ... when it's finally released, it will be played anytime and often?

In that case ... I don't understand why they don't broadcast it via internet. Is that just the premiere, then? So i guess they will broadcast it via internet after the premiere? This makes no sense ...

Its going to be a big hit, I can tell you that. Bigger than "Beautiful Day" and it was big.

Yes ... Me too.

I was actually worried that I wouldn't hear it for many days. Beacause I can probably not listen to the premiere, if it's not broadcasted on the internet. But I guess it will be all over the radio, then :hmm:

I don't think we'll know if Vertigo will be a hit or not until we hear it and can judge it for ourselves. Even then- we need to put some time behind it to get a feel. But the lines will be blurred somewhat and it may be a little harder to tell if they really are going to spend so much $$$ on marketing. It just may *feel* like a bigger hit because of all of the marketing promotions they are going to do.

I, for one, welcome our new Vertigo overlords.

I hope they do.

Was BD really played on the radio a lot? I didn't hear it often, but Pittsburgh radio sucks hardcore, so that might be why. I'm worried about ever seeing the Vertigo video. When ATYCLB came out, VH1 still played videos occasionally. But now it's as bad as MTV.

Trust me, Interscope has probably made very sure that radio stations will play this song incessantly, regardless if the public loves it or not.

But I very much suspect the public will.

Thanks everyone.

Actually I wasn't wondering about Vertigo being a big hit, and therefore played a lot. I was wondering if the radiostations can play the song as much as they like right after the premiere? I can probably not catch the premiere, if it's not broadcasted via internet. But I certainly hope i can catch it on Friday sometime anyway. And I understand that I will ... :ohmy:

I don not understand why they won't broadcast it via the internet. Is that JUST for the premiere? And when will they play Vertigo on the internet like all other songs? Radio is radio, no matter where it is broadcasted.

Back
Top Bottom