Will they play "Miami" in Miami???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doubt it, but it would be super cool if they did. I love that song.
smile.gif

-sula

If they did, I would shit! It's not one of my favorites or anything, but seeing them play something totally out of left field would be cool.....
maybe "Two Hearts...", or "Unforgettable Fire"..those would be unexpected...

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

I could see Bono suddenly shouting it at the end of Bad or another song that he throws lyrics from other songs into at the end.

MIAMI... MY MAMI!

lol...what a coincidence...Miami just came on my CD player...

ba ba baaaa ba babababa.

biggrin.gif

-sula

My "guess" if they did premiere something (which I dont think they will) would be the full band, full length version of Peace On Earth. They rehearsed the full band version extensively in South Bend and it sounded pretty good. Bono even remarked at the end of one of the takes "Not bad" as in good.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-30-2001).]

That would be cool. Then they would have played every song (at least partially) from their most recent album. When was the last time they did that on a tour? Did they ever play Playboy Mansion live? (I have all the experience of 1 Popmart show, so I really have no clue.)

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q article

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Mirrorball Girl, Bono sang a few lines of Playboy Mansion at the end of Streets during the early Popmart shows but that was the extent of it. A full band version has never been played in concert. They rehearsed the full band version of PM in Las Vegas prior to the Popmart tour. I wish they would have played it at some point.

Bono sang most of the lyrics to Peace On Earth prior to Walk On but it was not a full band version in St. Louis, it was an extended version of what Bono has been doing for most of the 3rd leg with the song. At least from the reports I have heard.

The version they were doing in South Bend Edge had a solo in it towards the end and Bono really was hitting the high notes at the end of it. It sounded very cool. I'am a bit disappointed they have not played it as I actually like it better than the album version of the song.

I agree that a snippet could be tacked onto the end of a song and that would probebly be the extent of it. I highly doubdt they would the full band version of it though. How about an acoustic Miami? Would be interesting anyway.

Acoustic Miami! Now that would be something. My brain can't even imagine what it would sound like. But yeah, I think it would be quite likely for Bono to throw in a snippet.

Do you think they'll premiere a song there, like they did with Wild Honey at the last Leg 1 show? If so, what do you think is the most likely song? There's basically nothing left to premiere from ATYCLB. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Do you think they'll premiere a song there, like they did with Wild Honey at the last Leg 1 show? If so, what do you think is the most likely song? There's basically nothing left to premiere from ATYCLB. Hmmmm.

Maybe it is time for them to premiere Grace live.
smile.gif
Instead of playing it over the PA.

Back
Top Bottom