Will the Milan DVD be better than the Slane Castle DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
So much emotion, great setlist, and a great crowd...

What are the odds that this will turn out to be a great stadium DVD?

I just hope Hamish tones down his directing shots... then it will be a great show due to it's setlist.

Someone said that the audience sings along to guitar solos and such? That the Ohs in WOWY, continue long after the song is done...

I think it will be amazing... The Italians are very loud fans of U2.
I'm not sure if it will be better than Slane (home crowd and all) but I'll wager a fifty it will be better than Chicago, which is a great DVD performance-wise but I think the audience are doing some great impersonations of statues.

have you sen the Vertigo encore video U2.com posted? great vid!
the italians are indeed very loud, I have the audio of the show, and it's great! they sing along with the songs, and are very alive..
I hope they go back to take crowd shots for the dvd, I loved that about the Slane dvd :)
if they do that, it could become a better dvd..

am I the only one that thinks Hamish has done a fantastic job with their DVD's? I love 'em. And he certainly made the Chicago crowd seem more enthusiastic than they actually were.

tough call....Slane had so much emotion behind it beacause of them being home and Bono's father passing away.

i think milan maybe could be a better perfromance (even that would be tough) but it would be tough to beat Slane for me.

but on the positive....even if Hamish butchers it the DVD will still be better than the Chicago one.

i don't think anything could be better than slane, except the broadcast of buenos aires was close

I prefer the open air setting of Slane for visuals, but I prefer the Milano setlist.

Just few curiosities and statistics about it

BTW I say in one line , Milan has the potential to become so far the BEST LIVE DVD , lets see if it really happens.

Curios.

-Milan is gonna be the 1st Stdium DVD released
-Despite being played over and over , it's the 1st time Still -Haven't Found gets a digital video release as well
-1st Video/DVD (If they dont mess up with the set ) that features a song 2x
-1st DVD that has not only 4 musicians perfoming

Ha there are some so much , shame I can only remember these right now .

Statistics
Slane X Milan

20 songs - 22 sgs
5 album sgs - 8 album sgs
3 JT songs - 5 JT songs
3 RH songs - 1 RH song
3 AB songs - 3 AB songs

J_NP said:

BTW I say in one line , Milan has the potential to become so far the BEST LIVE DVD , lets see if it really happens.

Probably, but I think I spoiled it for myself by watching the Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires videos too much. :wink:

Is there a "Street Date" when the Band will officialy release this?

YBORCITYOBL said:
Is there a "Street Date" when the Band will officialy release this?

Well, a fan in the crowd on the 4th leg was told by a Hamish(or someone else that have made the latest dvd's) that the dvd was going to be released in November.

But one thing is strange, the ZooTV dvd in september/October?

So heres the options:

ZooTV Ltd Edition with bonusdisc incl. Milan

or

Milan Ltd Edition incl. ZooTV

Could be in a box , like the ones from the movies X , X2 or Spiderman + Spidey 2 . They could put in a double box with 4 dvds , Coz I think Milan is definitely coming in double edition as well , U2 filmed a lot of stuff in the vertigo tour with several cameras , plus there's the Bono made doc "A day in Edge's life" which we all crazy to see and plus they kinda have to make up for the not so hot bonus on Chicago.

I was there, trust me, it was a better crowd than Dublin, so if that is any indication, the crowd will probably be better than the one of Slane. The set is also better, the stage is cooler (great visuals) and it has the best I Will Follow I've ever heard. It'll be perfect.

ntalwar said:

Probably, but I think I spoiled it for myself by watching the Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires videos too much. :wink:

Yeah my friend thats true , but u see there are some vital differences , the setlist itself , like :

-in SP there was a acoustic OOTS , Milan had an electric one , one of the first , and it's the best version I've ever heard , that beginning only Piano and Edge on guitar :drool: Its gonna be epic on Screen
-The Emotion of Electrico Co in a Std.
-Vertigo beginning and ending the show
-City in the middle of the show and BTW What a version :drool: A Edge only beginning and those images of it in 60 minutes makes me crave for this dvd

Last edited:
God Part III said:
I The set is also better

:yes:

God Part III said:
and it has the best I Will Follow I've ever heard. It'll be perfect.

Yeah I know what u're talking bout , Ive heard it , and guys u see I wasnt very "animated" with like the return of Follow in explorer and all , but this version it's the best since it's classic return in 2000 , Fantastic version , they really found it on Milan.

J_NP said:

Yeah my friend thats true , but u see there are some vital differences , the setlist itself , like :

-in SP there was a acoustic OOTS , Milan had an electric one , one of the first , and it's the best version I've ever heard , that beginning only Piano and Edge on guitar :drool: Its gonna be epic on Screen
-The Emotion of Electrico Co in a Std.
-Vertigo beginning and ending the show
-City in the middle of the show and BTW What a version :drool: A Edge only beginning and those images of it in 60 minutes makes me crave for this dvd

And Bonos voice are much stronger in Milan

Peterrrrr said:

And Bonos voice are much stronger in Milan

Nah that I gotta disagree , Bono sounded as good as Milan I would say in South America , well at least in SP his voice was pretty solid.

J_NP said:

Nah that I gotta disagree , Bono sounded as good as Milan I would say in South America , well at least in SP his voice was pretty solid.

I disagree with you, he had problem singing the "feel" part in Vertigo, he had problems hitting the "amour" note in Miss Sarajevo, just compare COBL(Chicago DVD) to the South American versions. His voice is less hoarse and shaky in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd leg. He had some problems hitting notes in the 4th leg that he hit very easy in the 1st,2nd and 3rd leg.

My girlfriend listen sometimes to U2, she had seen them one time last summer and heard some boots. First time she heard the tv broadcasted shows she said: is he worn out in the voice? And that came from a person who isnt so much in U2.

Peterrrrr said:

I disagree with you, he had problem singing the "feel" part in Vertigo, he had problems hitting the "amour" note in Miss Sarajevo, just compare COBL(Chicago DVD) to the South American versions. His voice is less hoarse and shaky in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd leg. He had some problems hitting notes in the 4th leg that he hit very easy in the 1st,2nd and 3rd leg.

My girlfriend listen sometimes to U2, she had seen them one time last summer and heard some boots. First time she heard the tv broadcasted shows she said: is he worn out in the voice? And that came from a person who isnt so much in U2.
as i always said i prefer the sao paulo versions of vertigo, city, miss sarajevo, etc to any 3rd leg versions i have heard,

also, i just keep listening to all i want is you, from argentina, and imo that is one of bono's BEST vocals EVER IMO of course, the way he wails at the end has something spin tingling brilliant about it

KUEFC09U2 said:
as i always said i prefer the sao paulo versions of vertigo, city, miss sarajevo, etc to any 3rd leg versions i have heard,

also, i just keep listening to all i want is you, from argentina, and imo that is one of bono's BEST vocals EVER IMO of course, the way he wails at the end has something spin tingling brilliant about it

Compare COBL(a song wich has both low keys and high keys) chicago dvd version and other 1st and 2nd leg version and you hear how more stabil, less hoarse less shaky he is.

Back
Top Bottom