Will the Edge sing on the new ablum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
The next ablum is supposed to be more in the directional ways of the Edge, but are any of you hoping that maybe he'll sing a song on it?

Very little chance. Edge has a nice voice, and it could hold up for a whole album, possibly, but Bono is the voice of U2. Edge has been adamant about this for the past 10 years or so. I don't think he is looking to sing anything other than background vocals. However I think a duet, in the vein of Stuck In A Moment (but with more contribution from the Edge) would be cool.

^Exactly. I'm not hoping for a whole song from Edge, but a duet would be great!

bono said edge sings in 'full metal jacket'(native son?). maybe he was joking. no matter what, it was said couple months back, now everything changed, maybe.

I want to hear Edge sing, even if it's just one song. That'd be nice.

The Edge should not have lead vocals in a song, but something like in Lemon where he sings "Midnight is where the day begins" would be cool.

?

I think it'll take a long time before Edge will get rid of his hat. I think he's a bit ashamed of the fact that he's gettin' bald. He shouldn't be though, he's already accepted by his fanzz.

He's cool, and the rest's too!!!

Going bald? Does he have even a strand left? Who cares anyway. Bald men are sexy. I would LOVE to know what Bono would look like if he left his hair completely alone (besides cuts). I agree with the others playing their instruments. They are all the best at what they do!

Guys, Convoy didn't mention Edge singing the whole album, just maybe one song, which I wouldn't mind because I personally think "Van Diemen's Land" is great. Edge is though a great backing vocalist and will near definitly feature on the new album, as right he should. And yes a duet would be cool!! :heart:

JTH

Back
Top Bottom