will Bono sound like shit on this new album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flying FuManchu said:
The studio can make any voice sound aiite so I have no worry about Bono's voice on an album...

Sadly true. However if anyone can suck it up and put up the goods in concert, Bono can on most nights. Doesn't mean he'll nail all the shows, but he will nail a majority of them.

well on the album he will sound alright. but on with or without you live bono sounds like shit now:sad: he has also lost his deep voice.(listen to R&H live wowy and any from pop mart and elevation very crap)
i would love to help bono get his R&H voice back, but what can i do.:sad:

It's a little short sighted to take examples from only one night or one recording and conclude that his voice is shit. It's never going to sound like it did on Rattle and Hum or Achtung Baby. It's just a fact of life. It doesn't mean his voice sucks now. It's just different and working with a few more limitations than before.

I've got one recording for you that shows how incredible Bono's voice still is - the Jools Holland version of If You Wear That Velvet Dress - with a raspy voice and all, but DAMN (or should I say daaaaaayum! :D) what an amazing vocal performance from Bono!

Bono's voice has sounded amazing the last few times I've heard it, esp. since the tour ended (he did sound fairly ragged then) and he had a chance to rest it.

BTW, the rasp in his voice = :drool: :combust:

:D

sd

All right, in my opinion Bono's voice is no longer as powerful as before. If you listen to live shows from 84-92 you will feel that great rock n' roll edge to his voice. The man was on fire, but he can still sing pretty damn well and he shows it on the two last DVDs and I think his vocal performance on ATYCLB was quite good. I think since he is on the studio and is not on tour he had some time to rest his voice. If this album is going to be real rock n' roll, then Bono knows that he's going to have to do some real screaming and shouting and I do think he can still do that and I think he will. But The Edge will be the real star on this next album guys. Anyway for me I don't really care if he can't sing as well as before as long as he comes up with headbanging melodies, cool chorus and good lyrics his job is done as far as I'm concerned, now if he do all that and give an even better performance than the on ATYCLB then everybody can rest in peace.

Diemen said:
It's a little short sighted to take examples from only one night or one recording and conclude that his voice is shit. It's never going to sound like it did on Rattle and Hum or Achtung Baby. It's just a fact of life. It doesn't mean his voice sucks now. It's just different and working with a few more limitations than before.

Exactly.

Originally posted by Diemen
I've got one recording for you that shows how incredible Bono's voice still is - the Jools Holland version of If You Wear That Velvet Dress - with a raspy voice and all, but DAMN (or should I say daaaaaayum! :D) what an amazing vocal performance from Bono!

:yes: :drool: :heart:...

Angela

Studio work can make a voice sound better, but if it's crap to begin with, there's not much that can be done. Pitch-shifters, auto tuners, and enhancers really aren't his style (listen to ATYCLB, most of it is raw, w/ some reverb.) Protools work is great for people like Britney Spears, who really have no vocal quality at all. Bono is in the Johnny Cash realm of voices. Record it dry and leave it, the song does the rest.

personaly I think his oscar preformance was really good. being a singer myself i know how hard it is to sound cd quality all of the time, expecialy now with all the the equipment they have to make peoples voices sound perfect. also my vocal coach has said on more then one ocassion that he wishes he could sing half as well as Bono can.

he sounded kinda off during that pavarotti 2003 thing......

the bloke has changed a lot since atyclb, looks and sound and personality, so much that u2's swansong might be nearign very soon....:sad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i say u2 just dumps bono and brings in scott stapp. and while we're at it, dump edge for slash so now we can have 2 minute guitar solos in the imddle of u2 songs, drop adam for flea so now we can have tube socks, and drop larry for ringo... so now we can have someone to make fun of.

You Beauty! :applaud: But please keep McGuiness.

intedomine,I believe that I'm not the only one here who believes that your pesimistic thoughts are truly irelevant and rather full of s*it

This is a fucking retarted thread

Bono's voice is Bono's voice... get over it.

There is no point on talking about it or even wondering about it. There is nothing you can do.

gherman said:
This is a *expletive deleted* retarted thread

Bono's voice is Bono's voice... get over it.

There is no point on talking about it or even wondering about it. There is nothing you can do.

Yeah, you're right, but we'll still continue to debate it despite ourselves.

hahahehe. man he sounds very GOOD on the zootv video.
oh (one) is not that good live anymore. the coolness in his voice has gone.

but listen to Chris Cornell he still has the power in his voice.
Oh the vocals for THE Darkness( Justin Hawkins) also kick arss.

right now bono is not the best singer(or band) and i dont think he can keep up with these new rock bands. but i love them:drool:

When Cornell has had the notes Bono had, and if he can sing like he sings now in 20 years later, then we'll talk. Personally I don't like the nature/color of his voice.

Justin Hawkins and Jack White are currently the most annoying voices to me. :no:

Compared to most rock singers, (nu-metal shouters and the like) Bono takes them out easily. While he was scratchy at Oscars, he sounded great on the Today version of Hands. It seems he's deveoping his craft as a singer since the 90's as opposed to the raw shouts he had in the 80's.

:yes:

Also, I thought the last year's Pavarotti Modena show version of One was a great Bono performance.

Shaun, I love Cornell..great singer, and powerful voice. He can carry Bono's jock vocally, but he's still not the singer or performer that Bono is.

As for n?-metal singers, they're brutal. No one sings anymore. Sad.

U2 hasn't really released a shit album IMO but if this one is, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
gotta give some awesome bands some room to fuck up once in a while :wink:

Man, the albums not shit, just not your taste, obviously being used to listening to Guns 'n' roses, i'd have guessed you be craving something different from the norm, appearently u2 was.

plus, do you not like beautiful day, elevation, new york, when i look at the world?

The album's theme was compassion, sincerity, joy, and bombastic sounds, U2 is known for not repeating their sound.

Anyway, the new sound looks like it'll be harder than anything else U2 has done, i know it won't be the typical Nickleback/creed/theory of a deadmanetc....

Those bands have good tunes, well nickleback has one or two, but they will be forgotten in time, and don't have enough thought/feeling/relevance to remain like U2's music does!

Plus, the Elevation TOUR was rockin!!!
:wink:

Man, the albums not shit, just not your taste, obviously being used to listening to Guns 'n' roses, i'd have guessed you be craving something different from the norm, appearently u2 was.

all i want is a rock&roll album from a rock band ! and atyclb is not that album.

Back
Top Bottom