'Wild Irish Rose' and 'Beautiful Ghost'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
What do you think of these two? I think they're classics. Can't understand why they haven't gotten greater interest.

They're the type of song that makes me understand why I appreciate Bono as a writer (Wild Irish Rose) and as an orator of poetry (Beautiful Ghost).

They also contain the wonderfully understated atmospherics the band was capable of back then.

All in all they’re two of my favourite tracks.

Wild Irish Rose = Great lyrics + sloppy arrangement and/or performance

Beautiful Ghost = Great everything...should have been on The Joshua Tree. :up:

I've never heard Wild Irish Rose, so I can't comment on it.

Beautiful Ghost is amazing. When I first heard about the song I was on fire to hear it because I loved the title so much. The song itself lived up to my expectations and then some. I think if The Joshua Tree had ended up being a double album, Streets should have opened the first disc and Beautiful Ghost should have opened the second one.

Lancemc said:
Wild Irish Rose = Great lyrics + sloppy arrangement and/or performance

:huh: Wild Irish Rose is amazing - the singing is very strong and is complemented by music that aids the creation of a haunting atmosphere. Beautiful song.

I would love to hear Beautiful Ghost and Streets performed together live. Bono's recitation of the studio version is excellent - just imagine that leading into the start of Streets!

Beautiful Ghost is great. Kind of eerie at times, but beautiful. Would've been interesting to see Streets open disc 1 and BG open disc 2, as Bono's Shades says above. :hmm:

Wild Irish Rose--I've always liked. Kind of gets repetitive by the end, but I've always liked B's vocals in that one.

Wild Irish Rose is great - it's almost a folk song itself, it could be something from Ireland's back catalogue of folk, but it's not... Bono sounds brilliant in all his Irishness and it's a gorgeous lyric, very poetic and beautiful. I love Beautiful Ghost too - I can never find any info on either song, though.

Back
Top Bottom