Wild Horses Video Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericb

The Fly
Wild Horses Video Quesion

I just got the 1990-2000 video DVD and watched the Wild Horses video. I love that version of the song. I think it is better than what is on Achtung Baby. Was this version ever released on any kind of recording? Is that the single version?

I *think* it's the same version as on the single, which I prefer 10 times over the Achtung Baby version. The two mixes on the single make that song one of my faves, but I always skip the AB version.

The singles was the Temple Bar Edit. The there's also a Temple Bar Remix.

I like the AB version.

I.Hate.This.Version.

It's terrible, and that's being kind. The AB version is beautiful, and is my favorite song on the album (and tied with Stay for my favorite of the 90s).

What the hell is this junk? I know they remixed it a lot of times in the first place, and that they were never really satisfied with it, but in my opinion, what they ended up with was gold.

What they put on the DVD was garbage.

I have the single and never realized these were two different kind of songs. :der::banghead:

It's easy to get mixed up with these versions :) but I had worked it out some time ago because this is one of my all time favourite songs.

So, to get things straight, the VIDEO version is the Temple Bar REMIX, it's not the Temple Bar Edit.

Now, the questions is which version is it considered to be the SINGLE version? The answer is that what we consider to be the SINGLE version is the Templr Bar EDIT. This is because this version is the one that existed on all singles versions (Cassette, 7" Vinyl, 12" Vinyl, CD-single UK version, CD-single US version) and also was the 1st track on all these versions. On the contrary, the Temple Bar REMIX version appeared only in the 12" Vinyl and US CD-single versions).

In simple words:
Video version = Temple Bar REMIX
Single version = Temple Bar EDIT

The difference between the two version comes at the end. The EDIT version skips the whole "The hunter will sin..." and the "Don't turn around" parts of the song. It complete eliminates the first and only places the "Don't turn around" part right at the end when the song fades out (you don't even get to hear the whole thing). This version is 3:57 long.

The REMIX follows the same structure as the original album version and doesn't skip any parts. Of course it has the acoustic guitars, just like the EDIT does, instead of the electrical sound of the original album version. This version is 4:50 long.

One small comment: Really really BAD idea of whoever had the idea of the EDIT version. It's a matter of preference whether you like the electric or acoustic guitars version but the "Don't turn around" parts really really was A BIG MOMENT of the song that always gave me a strong emotion and it really had to be left intact.

(I remind this goes for the EDIT version whish is not the VIDEO version. The VIDEO version (meaning the REMIX) is intact but only has acoustic guitars. Personally, I think the album version rocks the most :)

I agree, the "Don't turn around part" is great. I can't imagine the song without it. I think that's the highlight of the whole song.

What I like about the video version is the sound of the acousitc guitars, and the fact that the song is spead up a bit.

the video version is not on the commercially released singles. period.

i dont know where it comes from, but theyre all good versions though!

What I like about the video version is the sound of the acousitc guitars, and the fact that the song is spead up a bit.

I think that's why I can't stand it. It just sounds terrible to me.

Flag Pole Pear said:
the video version is not on the commercially released singles. period.

Read my post again. The video version is the Temple Bar Remix that existed only on 12" vinyl and SOME CD-singles. I have the version that has it and it's IDENTICAL to the video version. PERIOD.

voxson said:
It's easy to get mixed up with these versions :) but I had worked it out some time ago because this is one of my all time favourite songs.

So, to get things straight, the VIDEO version is the Temple Bar REMIX, it's not the Temple Bar Edit.

Now, the questions is which version is it considered to be the SINGLE version? The answer is that what we consider to be the SINGLE version is the Templr Bar EDIT. This is because this version is the one that existed on all singles versions (Cassette, 7" Vinyl, 12" Vinyl, CD-single UK version, CD-single US version) and also was the 1st track on all these versions. On the contrary, the Temple Bar REMIX version appeared only in the 12" Vinyl and US CD-single versions).

In simple words:
Video version = Temple Bar REMIX
Single version = Temple Bar EDIT

The difference between the two version comes at the end. The EDIT version skips the whole "The hunter will sin..." and the "Don't turn around" parts of the song. It complete eliminates the first and only places the "Don't turn around" part right at the end when the song fades out (you don't even get to hear the whole thing). This version is 3:57 long.

The REMIX follows the same structure as the original album version and doesn't skip any parts. Of course it has the acoustic guitars, just like the EDIT does, instead of the electrical sound of the original album version. This version is 4:50 long.

One small comment: Really really BAD idea of whoever had the idea of the EDIT version. It's a matter of preference whether you like the electric or acoustic guitars version but the "Don't turn around" parts really really was A BIG MOMENT of the song that always gave me a strong emotion and it really had to be left intact.

(I remind this goes for the EDIT version whish is not the VIDEO version. The VIDEO version (meaning the REMIX) is intact but only has acoustic guitars. Personally, I think the album version rocks the most :)

this is all greek to me. :wink:

as far as i am aware, your horses are hollow, foreign and teaming with little soldiers. some of which may have macedonian surnames, others with little swords chop chopping and slashing. but back to U2 :drool: i was dreaming of a horse with a bow and arrow, a strange amalgum of healer and sage, maybe even a rider of circus animals, a true prophet, and soon, perhaps, in a video close tu you, a brave singer in the dark, acid-free woods of Kentucky. yes, that would be quite a good production! :heart: and :flowers:

daffodils, to the islands in the Med. ha ha ha lol, lmao...

you MAY disregard the sig-na-ture bee-low, thank you very, very Much! Harch.

I just heard the radio Version of this song, My favorite part (following) was taken off

"Ah, the deeper I spin
Ah, the hunter will sin for your ivory skin.
Took a drive in the dirty rain
To a place where the wind calls your name
Under the trees, the river laughing at you and me.
Hallelujah! Heaven's white rose
The doors you open I just can't close."

*goes to check out the single's version*

voxson said:

Read my post again. The video version is the Temple Bar Remix that existed only on 12" vinyl and SOME CD-singles. I have the version that has it and it's IDENTICAL to the video version. PERIOD.

wrong. the beginning of the video version is different than the remix version. during the first lines of the song there is both the reverb-heavy distorted guitar part from the album version AND the acoustic guitar part from the edit and remix versions. the rest of the video version is identical to the remix. but it is techincally a different version not available on CD. PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom