Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think it's a matter of wanting to share more but not having someone on staff that doesn't know how to turn on the computer?

Come on, it has nothing to do with being "web savvy" or not.

Oh God, if I were still doing cartoons, this would be wonderful material.

First priority of the next paycheck I get will not be food or bills, but pre-ordering my chance to hear the terrible live Mercy in slightly better quality. Fuck U2 fandom.

I was sad when I heard Atomic Records had closed. That was Milwaukee and not Green Bay, but still. :(

Word. Loved that place when I lived down there for a year, and I tried to stop there at least once every time I returned to the city. Even got my copy of the Achtung Baby demos there too (yes, I bought it, but there weren't really torrents or you-upload-it download sites at the time).

Oh God, if I were still doing cartoons, this would be wonderful material.

First priority of the next paycheck I get will not be food or bills, but pre-ordering my chance to hear the terrible live Mercy in slightly better quality. Fuck U2 fandom.

Yeahhhhh. Well, I have car insurance due, rent due, a speeding ticket due, vehicle tags registration due, but I figured 10.99 spent on a 12 inch EP wouldn't break me.

And to top it off I work for the state of California!

well to be fair that was the indoor stage in that picture. the outdoor broadcast still is a bit old school when you compare it to 360, but yea.

yeah, I should state though that at the time it was a really really awesome concept. it still is. the outdoor show was amazing.

I HAVE to work Black Friday:drool: so it maybe impossible for me to go and find one that day.

I just pre-ordered from Best Buy (its on the top best selling preorders, #5). The only thing that scares me is that it says Wide Awake In America and NOT Europe.

Sucks I can't use my discount online.

I HAVE to work Black Friday:drool: so it maybe impossible for me to go and find one that day.

I just pre-ordered from Best Buy (its on the top best selling preorders, #5). The only thing that scares me is that it says Wide Awake In America and NOT Europe.

Sucks I can't use my discount online.

Yeah... uhh... Wide Awake in America was released in 1985.

Wide Awake in America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I know what WAIA is. What I was saying is that they have the Europe one listed as America. Or atleast it looks like an error.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wide+Awake+in+America...+[12inch+Vinyl+Disc]+[11/2+-+12-Inch+Single/18885654.p?id=2164544&skuId=18885654&st=u2&lp=1&cp=1
Yeah, I'd guess it's an error. At any rate, I don't see why they'd be taking orders for a 20-year-old EP.

Yeah I saw that too on Best Buys site. Looks like someone messed up and is calling the new one Wide Awake In America as well, unless WAIA is getting a new vinyl re-release next month.

Yeah I saw that too on Best Buys site. Looks like someone messed up and is calling the new one Wide Awake In America as well, unless WAIA is getting a new vinyl re-release next month.
It's part of the remaster series. Hope you weren't looking forward to remastered AB too much, because next year's re-release is Popheart. :wink:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...iscussion-part-2-a-208194-25.html#post7017099

And nothing on U2.com. Then ticketmaster must be lying, just like all these vinyl selling websites. :tsk:

I haven't read the previous posts but if you are talking about Wide Awake In Europe, today one of the administrators of the site has answered a question about this saying that as soon as something is official it is posted on the front page of the site and that generally it isn't official until it shows up on u2.com.

Yeah, that's a big "generally," I'd say. I'd be more inclined to trust that statement if I had more faith in U2.com.

I'm calling it - this shit is bananas official.

No, it is only possible for unofficially officially confirmed unconfirmed rumours.

As best I can figure, maybe U2.com wanted to try and keep it a little surprise, not announce it until closer to the date. I wonder if they're working on making it "official" sooner since the info is out there, or are sticking with their original plan and will announce it when they damn well feel like it.

Or maybe they'll never say anything, and 5,000 of us will be sitting around with an Unofficial U2 Vinyl with Unofficial Live U2 Songs and an Unofficial Cool Cover.

:)

Or maybe they'll never say anything, and 5,000 of us will be sitting around with an Unofficial U2 Vinyl with Unofficial Live U2 Songs and an Unofficial Cool Cover.

:)
Then wouldn't it be a bootleg? Shit, we'd better cancel our pre-orders...bootlegs are almost as evil as digital piracy!

Almost.

Then wouldn't it be a bootleg? Shit, we'd better cancel our pre-orders...bootlegs are almost as evil as digital piracy!

Almost.
Well the band have always officially stated that they don't mind bootlegs, as long as people aren't charged money for it. So we wouldn't be in trouble, the people selling us the bootlegs would be.

for people that have pre-orders (from Vintage Vinyl), have they already charged you thru Paypal?

Yes, they did after two days for me, but that could be because I'm not an American.

Same here, after I sent the email asking if my order was going through she accepted it. Though I'll have to pay for shipping costs once the order is in, as paypal requests can only be pending for 30 days. Fine by me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom