Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even imagine going to a local record store asking for a U2 release on vinyl without being laughed out of the store by the moppy haired, tight jean wearing hipster manning the registers listening to some totally obscure electronicia/jazz outfit.

eusa_naughty.gif

they work in retail. they likely hate life and care very little about anything other than what others think of them.
fuck 'em

at least some of you actually have indie stores in your cities. in Green Bay, when i mention "indie rock", people think i mean rock from Indiana.

at least some of you actually have indie stores in your cities. in Green Bay, when i mention "indie rock", people think i mean rock from Indiana.
Totally off-topic, but the Exclusive Company is awesome.

:up: and :down:

they used to be a lot better, but still by far the best music shop in town.
Remember, I'm from the U.P., so I'm a bit deprived when it comes to record stores. :wink:
I've found some cool stuff at the Exclusive Company, though, so I try to stop by when I'm in town.

Mikal, is there nothing in Appleton?

I was sad when I heard Atomic Records had closed. That was Milwaukee and not Green Bay, but still. :(

My Wisconsin hometown had The Inner Sleeve as its small record store. They were overpriced and didn't have a huge selection, but that was still the place to go and say hi to Mike, the permanently stoned (or so he looked, anyway), owner.

Me too.

Just want to add "My Vintage Vinyl" are really good. I ordered the Rolling Stones "Plundered My Soul" vinyl single on Record Store Day and they shipped it to me with no issues. I even called to make sure I was able to snag one (small quantities) and the lady was really helpful.

U2 will sell out of these really quick.

:) I had a response within a day after emailing them about my order. So I'm quite positive about their service as well.
I have no hope of getting it here, so I hope that I can get mine from there. :)

I know we're poking fun at these opinions, but it honestly surprises me that there are people who still think this might not be happening just because U2.com hasn't said anything about it. There is way too much information out there for it to be just a rumor, or entirely fake. And since when has U2.com been a reliable, timely source of all U2 information?

What's the harm in pre-ordering? If it doesn't come out, or isn't available from a certain retailer after all, it's not like you wouldn't get your money back if they already charged you.

Don't be ridiculous Cori. U2.com hasn't said anything about this. So it's not true. There's just lots of sites spreading lots of lies. :tsk:

Green Bay is just so incredibly conservative that even U2 is probably considered "indie" to most people. :wink:

that stage now seems so pedestrian.
Agreed. I'm not entirely sure how this stage would instill the "media overload" so associated with Zoo TV...
The more easily visible Trabant spotlights are cool, though.

Because somebody has to do it:
HORATIO: Spotlights made out of cars? Seems a bit...
*sunglasses*
HORATIO: Pedestrian.
THE WHO: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Me too.

Just want to add "My Vintage Vinyl" are really good. I ordered the Rolling Stones "Plundered My Soul" vinyl single on Record Store Day and they shipped it to me with no issues. I even called to make sure I was able to snag one (small quantities) and the lady was really helpful.

U2 will sell out of these really quick.

Yeah, I've been looking on Vintage Vinyl and I cannot find WAIE anywhere on the site. Wonder if all the copies have been pre ordered or what? Anyone else have any luck on that site?

EDIT: Yup, just found it. Vintage Vinyl is no longer accepting pre-orders for this release. The site said that they may have a few copies left after Black Friday, but as of right now no more copies may be ordered.

glad I popped backin here!

thanks cori for your post a few pages back!

The weather is still supposed to be nice & sunny so I will go a few naberghoods away to the nearest Indie Store near me.
They did particiate in the first event last year, but i had no$ for anything.
I'll go over & see if they will have it.

Yeah, I've been looking on Vintage Vinyl and I cannot find WAIE anywhere on the site. Wonder if all the copies have been pre ordered or what? Anyone else have any luck on that site?

EDIT: Yup, just found it. Vintage Vinyl is no longer accepting pre-orders for this release. The site said that they may have a few copies left after Black Friday, but as of right now no more copies may be ordered.

So Interference has managed to shut down the pre-sales at both Ideal Copy and Vintage Vinyl? We rock. :hi5:

So Interference has managed to shut down the pre-sales at both Ideal Copy and Vintage Vinyl? We rock. :hi5:
*goes to check*
:lol:
Wow, we actually did it. Go, team.
I swear to God, people, if this means I can't get WAIE preordered from my local record store, I am going to find you all, go to your houses, and personally punch you all in the face. I am dead serious. :angry:

:wink:

Just pre-ordered a copy at my friendly local record store, along with the MGMT "Congratulations" 7-inch and the Black Keys box set. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom