Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
roflcopter-demotivational-poster-1222192487.jpg

I can sort of see why they made the mistake. Tuesdays are the normal release days.

I just noticed it, after seeing North America specified, and trying to make a plan of attack to find this sucker. :crack:

The actual Record Store Day site does specifically say Black Friday, so ... I'm going with that one.

I finally remembered to check the Sku number in work today (Best buy) and our inventory system said Europe. I re-ordered because I canceled not knowing which one this was. Still getting pops to go out for me since I'll be in work from 3am to 2pm.

Wow...in one 24-hour period, The Beatles were added to iTunes and U2.com acknowledged the existence of WAIE. Apple was right; I'll never forget today.

Indie Record Store Day is the only thing keeping me from locking myself indoors on Black Friday, :crack:.

Somewhere, either on the Record Store Day site, or on U2.com, it said that Ireland/the UK will get a very limited number of copies.

eta - it was u2.com:

Fans in the UK and Ireland will also have an opportunity to get the vinyl - a few hundred copies will also be shipped to shops in the UK and Ireland. Please check to see which stores are participating in the project.

Good to see it finally confirmed. Also, I do tend to still go to my local record shop that day and support them and it's just fun to participate in these crazy record store day things.

I would really like to get that 180 gram reissue of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass.

It looks like I have a buttload of Seattle stores to try and find this at. If I can't find it at one of the 5 I'm familiar with, I'll be very surprised.

I guess I'm just going to have to call the participating stores within striking distance in New England to see if they know they're going to get any copies. This is maddening.

I would really like to get that 180 gram reissue of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass.

I don't have the reissue, but I do have an original in pretty decent shape.

it sounds great.. very alive, warm, big... very much worth the purchase

wait! it's real? why does u2girl lie? :sad:

"I informed you thusly"

I pre-ordered WAIE about a week ago on amazon uk. Plus vintage vinyl moments before they closed the pre-order. Question is, will this be enough? *fingerscrossed*

:heart: You guys!

And has Vintage Vinyl confirmed your order and requested payment for shipping costs? If so, that should be good. I'm still not sure whether Amazon will be allowed to sell them, but perhaps in the UK it's regular stores that will carry the few hundred copies rather than only indie recordstores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom