Wich staple songs would you like to see get the chop on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Wich staple songs would you like to see get the chop on the next tour?

My top 5 are ,

Pride:madspit: nuff said
One ( has becoming boring since Popmart )
ISHFWILF ( it can have a rest for a tour or two )
SBS ( was great to have it back but it needs to go now again )
B.Day ( has become a staple , although I prefer it above Elevation , the later was reworked )

Runners up are : Bullet & WOWY!

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I couldn't limit it to simply five. In rough order of how much I want them to perish from the set:

1. One
2. Pride
3. WOWY
4. SBS
5. ISHFWILF
6. Elevation
7. Vertigo (we all know it's going to be a staple)
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Streets (oh yes)

In contrast, Bad should be played at every show.

One
Elevation
One
SBS
One
Pride
One
maybe Kite
One
Stuck
One
Vertigo
One
Bullet

ISHFWILF can be used as a snippet. Keep Streets, just give it a different place in the set.

Axver said:
I couldn't limit it to simply five. In rough order of how much I want them to perish from the set:

1. One
2. Pride
3. WOWY
4. SBS
5. ISHFWILF
6. Elevation
7. Vertigo (we all know it's going to be a staple)
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Streets (oh yes)

In contrast, Bad should be played at every show.

See Ax, why do I suspect that the songs that you've listed are the ones that're gonna be played at EVERY SINGLE SHOW next tour? :wink:

I only agree with getting rid of Pride (occasionally), ISHFWILF, Mysterious Ways and Streets though... SBS has sorta had a rest during Popmart. Unless they replace SBS with Please.

ISHFWILF was just five minutes to chat in at the show I went to...

Oh, and please for the love of all that's holy, get rid of Bullet!!

But yes, Bad/40 every show, and maybe One with the extra verse seguing into Unchained Melody... Happy now?

Last edited:
lose bullet and pride

pride is the only song where I really love it more on the album then doing it live.....I haven't really figured out why.....

Bullet undoubtedly, surely the band don't love it that much do they? There must be some nights when they think 'oh can't we play something different tonight like Please or Dirty Day, just for a change.' Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Bullet been played at every single gig since 1987, with the exception of one US show just after 9/11?

I think all the standards could be rotated, I don't think any of them absolutely have to be performed every single night. Streets could be played more sporadically, its rarity would make it all the more special.

DevilsShoes said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Bullet been played at every single gig since 1987, with the exception of one US show just after 9/11?

Besides missing the 2001-10-10 show, it also missed a very small amount on the JT Tour and Lovetown. Since 1992, it has only missed that one show; One has an even better record, having not missed a show since its debut in February 1992 (Beautiful Day, Elevation, Vertigo, COBL, and SYCMIOYO also haven't missed a show since their debuts but obviously haven't been around nearly as long).

Here we go...

Pride - this should have gone away 15 years ago. It is incredibly boring.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - see above.

With or Without You - Oh yes. Without the extended solo and the "Shine Like Stars" verse, it has become an embarassment.

One - The magic is gone.

Beautiful Day - Never was a big fan.

Elevation - Drop this, please.

Sunday Bloody Sunday - Enough is enough.

I Will Follow - Don't they get bored playing the same song 700+ times?

Desire - Only if the Lovetown version miraculously returns, I could tolerate it.

Angel of Harlem - There are better songs on that record, you know that, U2? (Heartland, God Part II, Hawkmoon 269... :drool: :drool: )

I'm done for now.

P.S. Oh, and I will forever defend Bullet. At least it is a different version every tour and it kicks ass.

Ok, lets see...

Drop - Bullet the whole tour and replace it with Please and/or Dirty Day.

Elevation is crap.

Vertigo needs to go go.

Pride...I can do with or without it.

Other than that, they can Play Streets for the next 100 years and I wont mind one bit. The same goes for One and WOWY. And yes, Bad should be played every night next tour.

One
Bullet
WOWY
Pride
ISHFWILF

Should all be played ever so often next tour. Kind of how they treated Bad on the Vertigo tour. Out of all those songs above "One" is getting pretty bad. The band is just not into it.

One and I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'd say Bullet but at least it gets re-invented each tour, and Pride/WOWY has improved on the last tour.

yea they cant drop with or without you its a classic and should be played everynight. U cant see U2 without it.

Mysterious ways was awsome on the vertigo tour best version ever

Pride has to stay, finally on the Vertigo tour Bono sang it right the way it was ment to be sung. Pride never sounded so good. When I hear some bootlegs of pride from the tour and went a couple shows I was shocked and pleased that it didnt suck as usual because Bono actully can sing it now.

Bloody sunday can go, Elevation is horrible a waiste of a time slot at a show I have haed it since day one and still do. Give BD a rest play it rarely.

One
Pride
Elevation
SBS or Bullet----they can keep one, I don't care which, but they can't keep having the two of these take up a bloc of the setlist

If the keep Beautiful Day sounding as brilliant as it did at the end of the Vertigo Tour i'll demand it stays in the set every night.

With or Without You needs the solo and Shine Like Stars. Bring those back and it can stay too.

Reinvent Bullet again and i'll be ok with it. It's better than the songs that never change.

I Still Haven't etc can go, i'm over it. One too. Elevation had its time - but overall Vertigo rocks more.

re-invent One...i've always imagined that song acoustically somewhere down the road

I like bullet but wouldn't die if i didn't hear it, but have another awesome solo somewhere to cover it up

replace WOWY with AIWIY...but by god don't play both at the same concert, it gets REALLY sappy

make streets the epic song that it once was, not the rushed up "lets just get to One" version from Vertigo

The two Love Town shows I attended Amsterdam 12-18-89 and Rotterdam 01-10-90 didn`t had WOWY.
And I really didn`t miss it at all , just check the amazing Rotterdam boot-cd.

And at one Elevation Arhem show Pride was`n`t played , and just by that , the show flowed very well.
Can`t remember wich night it was? , I went to all 3 Arhem shows.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Maybe Bullet indeed needs a new Edge Solo????
It has almost been the same since Zoo.

Pride - never really nailed it live IMO; every single performance I've heard sounds thin and hollow compared to the album version which is just magical.

WOWY
ISHFWILF
Angel of Harlem

Again, to me all of those songs lose something in live translation.

I'm pretty lukewarm about Streets as well, but I'd keep it just for the sake of those opening chords, :drool:

I would really miss Streets. It's the hallmark of every evening spent in the company of U2. That turning point where all the energy built up over most of the show just pours out onto everyone in the arena. Can't go.

Pride
SBS
Bullet
Elevation
ISHFWILF

can all go, however.

Elevation needs to go immediately, ditto Pride.
With or without you needs a bit of revamping but needs to be kept in regular rotation to keep casual fans happy.
Streets has to stay for the same reason Canadiens states.
One needs to go for a while but that just aint going to happen.

I wouldnt like to see songs dropped so much as just a wider roataion of songs.Anticipated regular songs I would like to see rotated for others are

Elevation
Pride
BTBS
I Will Follow
Mysterious Ways

Back
Top Bottom