Wich October track would you like to see back on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Wich October track would you like to see back on the next tour?
Let`s not include Gloria since it was played on Vertigo.

I`d pick : I Threw A Brick Through A Window.
Because it`s a great song and the drums are so powerfull on it.

What would you pick?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I think that Larry`s drumming on the October album is the best he`s ever done.

Scarlet, at least the lyrics are safe.

OK, Rejoice. I like the riff and the drums, and it has the best line of the album.

Tomorrow or Rejoice. Probably Rejoice. Let's see if Larry's still got it in him.

October, Tomorrow or I Fall Down. One of those.

I really like this album, it's perhaps not as immediate as Boy, but with a bit of listening it really grows on you. You can sense the uncertainty of the band during this era. Gloria in particular sums up the confusion they all felt and the inability to express themselves clearly. 'I Try to sing this song, I try to speak up, loosen my lips'
Larry's drums sound absolutely massive too, I think they tried to tone them down on subsequent albums.

I think October worked well live, something more contemplative and haunting after Bad, I think it's a shame it hasn't got a look in since the eighties.

Rejoice by a mile, compared to some of the recent 'rockers' U2 have played I think this would really kick ass live again! Either that or 'Tomorrow', great song!

Ooooh!! that too :yes: haha i was listening to that yesterday and thinking it'd be great if they played that again!

I threw a Brick, combined with A Day Without me of course.
Scarlet or tomorrow would be great too.

An Cat Gav said:
I threw a Brick, combined with A Day Without me of course.

The world has been without that segue for 22 years too many and counting. :(

^ I don't think Larry could do it anymore. But yes, ITaB/ADWM is truly badass.

Rejoice would be very cool though. I love Tomorrow but I don't see that ever returning. And October should be back before NYD, whenever NYD is played.

Rejoice, because it's such a rocking song, and because it would be entertaining to see how often Bono would completely screw up the verses :wink:

zoopop said:
I would have loved to see Gloria at the Vertigo shows.

I was lucky enough to catch Gloria at a First Leg show. :drool:

If they're going to dig into October, they could bring back With A Shout. :drool: But I doubt it'll happen. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom