Why Zooropa is genius...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
Ten tracks of brilliance...Achtung gets all the credit, but like at the title track, Numb, and Stay....an incredible album that simpley gets no credit in the 00s.

It was just a little while ago i "discovered" the album along with Pop. Ive listened to the cd front to back quite a lot the past couple of weeks.

For the moment im liking it better than JT. :reject:

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Ten tracks of brilliance...Achtung gets all the credit, but like at the title track, Numb, and Stay....an incredible album that simpley gets no credit in the 00s.

:yes: Zooropa is 2nd on my list after AB and JT (these two are both on the first place for me).

And IMHO Zooropa (the song) is a musical masterpiece! :)

I love Zooropa too. It's weird and different and amazing... It wasn't love at first sight though... I had to learn how to like it but now it's probably my 4th favourite U2 album...

I love some songs from this album like Stay, Dirty Day, Wanderer but overall, zooropa sounds unpolished and messy to me.

Having to work to understand years ago it only makes me appreciate it all the more now... I really want to revive that Zooropa thread that started in Musical Journey all those years ago. Where did you go, MrBTH?

My perennial favourite album. :up:

LemonMelon said:

Never really felt compelled to buy it, it just never grew on me. Maybe I should give it more of a chance. :shrug:

There is now a copy in the house.

Lara Mullen said:

Never really felt compelled to buy it, it just never grew on me. Maybe I should give it more of a chance. :shrug:

There is now a copy in the house.
Hmm. I never really had to let it grow on me...I liked it from the outset. :shrug: Some U2 albums I've had to let grow on me include:

Boy
War
Achtung Baby
Pop

But not Zooropa. :|

Oh well, we can't all love it.

Might pop it in the cd player soon and give it a whirl.

BrownEyedBoy said:

:tsk: ...I do hope that's sarcasm.

Nope... I hate this album. Never did, never will. Sounds plastic like a Tonka toy. The only thing that I give it credit for is that it will never sound dated and that it has 3 very good songs on it 1.) Zooropa 2.) Lemon and 3.) Stay.

Why is Zooropa genius?

1 word...

Babyface

maybe the greatest song ever recorded, by anyone, ever

For me Zooropa was hard to get into at first until I listened to it at higher volume than I usually use. All of a sudden it was this beautiful rich masterpiece of music for me. It is definitely one of my favorites. I personally don't rank U2 albums because they all appeal to me in different ways.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom