Why U2 is brilliant...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I've been listening to a LOT of U2 over the holidays, and I've come to think, more than ever before, that the thing that makes U2 so absolutely brilliant, is their versatilaty. Not their songwriting, though that is bloody :drool: . Or how well they play their instruments, though that too is :drool: .

No, it's their versatilaty. My CD player has two U2 singles(If God Will Send His Angels, Vertigo), the unreleased/rare disc from the digi box set, and two albums(Zooropa, Pop). Throughout just these five discs, U2 do straight-up rock(Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Are You Gonna Wait...), jazz-bar/singers-standards type stuff(Slow Dancing, Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad, If You Wear That Velvet Dress), folksy stuff(If God Will Send His Angels, Flower Child), ballads(First Time, Wake Up Dead Man, Neon Lights, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own), and techno/club stuff(Mofo(remixes), Do You Feel Loved, Even Better Than The Real Thing(remixes), Vertigo remixes, Salome(Zooromancer Remix), etc). And that's just on the discs in my CD player, there at least 50 other U2 singles/albums/dvds that showcase that versatility even more.

That is what makes U2 so special.

Back
Top Bottom