Why This Album Is So Great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
I am seeing a lot of division on what people are saying about this album. All of the tracks are so strong by themselves that people are aleady becoming attacked to all of the songs. Some people like 'Crumbs' the best, then some people like 'OOTS.' This seems to be different where the other past albums where people in general like the same songs. This album is just so strong from front to back where each of the songs are making good impressions on different people don't skip any of the tracks... good job boys

Last edited:
I agree; fantastic album.
I'm slightly tired of vertigo already, however. I wasn't tired of beutiful day yet at this point when atyclb was released.
ah well, the rest of it is a no-skipper.:up:

When you grow somewhat tired of a song, do what I do = TURN IT UP LOUDER.

You'll get the adrenaline back, trust me.:wink:

I must say I'm feeling differently about vertigo than the rest of the album too. Not exactly 'tired' of it, but perhaps more like the claim I think Bono had made about it being 'different' from the rest of the tracks.
Otherwise I'm feeling it's exactly what gherman said, really strong and solid from beginning to end; it feels really whole. For some reason right now I can't get the chorus from Yahweh out of my head, but it's all so good I'm anticipating a lot of happy listens to the whole thing, tracklist intact!

I have this thing where i measure albums in "threes." I try to find the best three consecutive tracks. With the Bomb it is blowing up my mind! I have this "Sometimes/Love&Peace.../City.." and "One Step.../Original.../Yahweh" fighting now for a MONTH to be the "three" of the album. We have been blessed people!

This is the only cd I've been listening to in my walkman this week and I'm still not tired of it. That is why this album is so great.

You know I've been listening to U2 for 20+ years now, and finally I have offspring who are old enough to appreciate this band. My 10 year old daughter loves COBL, while I love Crumbs. We battle over which is best and then end up playing the damn thing 2 or 3 times 'cos we like all the songs on this album.

This album is great...I mean Great, with a capital G!!!

It's a bloody excellent album with no weak songs and thats all folks:wink:

JOFO said:
I agree; fantastic album.
I'm slightly tired of vertigo already, however. I wasn't tired of beutiful day yet at this point when atyclb was released.
ah well, the rest of it is a no-skipper.:up:

i've got back into Vertigo...kicks arse...BD os jut OK in my opinion

Amazing album. Can't believe that the boys did this after 30 years of their music - an album so full with soul and sincerity, with everybody in the band 100% involved.

Back
Top Bottom