Why They Weren't There?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
From asterisks.net (you know what it really is):
From WENN:

U2'S LAST MINUTE MESSAGE

Oct 21, 2001 (WENN via COMTEX) -- Rockers U2 were forced to send a video
message to the organisers of last night's (20OCT01) CONCERT FOR NEW YORK CITY
when they were unavoidably detained in Europe.

Details were sketchy but the group had to pull out of the charity show at the
last minute and rushed a video message to the organisers of the show.

Their message was shown just before the show started.

In the short message BONO explained, "We'll be in New York next week and that
means so much to us right now."

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

Can I take a guess?..I think it's because they were "unavoidably detained in Europe"...
Seriously tho, I think we'll find out more later today or tomorrow....I saw the same thing at asteriks.com and it really doesn't say much at all....

They were in Europe? Well, I guess they have 5 days between Baltimore and NYC, but isn't it kind of weird that they flew back to Europe after the Baltimore concert with the intention of going back to NYC the next day? I suppose that maybe they had something important to do...

As I stated in a previous thread, the Globe said that Bono had a "family problem"

Hmmm. I would have thought maybe they were recording or something, but i don't like to hear about family problems..

They have pre-pubescent girls..... Jordan probably got drunk or something.
wink.gif

Seriously though, family problems don't necesarrly have to be all serious. Didn't he dedicate "WOWY" to JOrdan at ND? Maybe she has been a handful lately. Can't say it would be so easy to have a rock'n'roll father. Maybe the girls need there daddy.

Nooobody listens to old Gypsy! I posted yesterday morining on Hitman's Larry and Adam thread that my friend told me when she met Bono before the Baltimore show she asked him if he was looking forward to the charity concert and he told her "I can't go." You heard it from me first, but no one paid any attention, no one even responded to my comment in any way. It was bad news, but it was true. Listen to old Gypsy next time!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

I believed you Gypsy.
smile.gif

------------------
The winged cow

[This message has been edited by samralf (edited 10-21-2001).]

U2 do things other than play concerts, sign cd booklets, and meet politicians?

those crazy nutters.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by martha:
From asterisks.net (you know what it really is):

I have noticed this the last week, but I think we are allowed to use normal names again. Or at least U2tours.com can be shown again, so I assume it is also the case of youtwo.net. So we don't have to perform any avoiding tactics anymore to mention our sources.

Thank you Elvis.

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Nooobody listens to old Gypsy! I posted yesterday morining on Hitman's Larry and Adam thread that my friend told me when she met Bono before the Baltimore show she asked him if he was looking forward to the charity concert and he told her "I can't go." You heard it from me first, but no one paid any attention, no one even responded to my comment in any way. It was bad news, but it was true. Listen to old Gypsy next time!

Of course this gives zero indication as to why they couldn't go, so not really helpful with the spirit of this thread.

Originally posted by mad1:
Well folks, Paper sources here say Bono and Edge were not able to attend due to an anthrax scare at Bono's daughter's school................so, there ya go......

if that is true, it's really ironic. when i told my brother that U2 had canceled he started teasing me that bono had anthrax.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Yeah I just saw a story posted on Youtwo.net that they cancelled because of an anthrax scare at the school Bono's daughters go to. I am sure the sorce of it on there is the sun. Don't know how reliable they are.

U2's Bono and The Edge had been due to take part. But an anthrax scare at
the school Bono's children go to in Ireland forced them to pull out at the last
minute.

straight from the paper so they did have a good reason for not being there. They were going to play Stuck In a Moment alone and Whats Goin On with Destanys Child....maybe it was a blessing they didnt make it
smile.gif
Although maybe It would have been good but I doubt it.

I'm not so sure I put much stock in this rumor. Just a scare? Why would the rest of the band have to return to Europe if just Bono's kids were involved? If you think about it, it doesn't make much sense.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

Originally posted by adamgirl:
Yeah I just saw a story posted on Youtwo.net that they cancelled because of an anthrax scare at the school Bono's daughters go to. I am sure the sorce of it on there is the sun. Don't know how reliable they are.

About as reliable as the Enquirer.

Who cares anyways U2 is in New York in 2 days and they will do their own tribute to New York then and I know it will be great.....2 hours of U2 beats that entire group any day of the week for me anyways
smile.gif

I'm sure it was just a scare but still I hope his girls are alright. They mean the world to him and I can't bare the thought of how much worry that would be for any parent.

Back
Top Bottom