Why Original Of The Species Will Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read it here

h**p://www.u2eastlink.com/noticias/

U2 / All Because Of You / + 2-Track / + DVD-Maxi / 26.09.05
(u2zootopia)

Last edited:
you bet your sweet ass it's stupid! WORST SINGLE CHOICE yet. It's too like Vertigo in my opinion and a sign that U2 are not prepared to 'try something new' :(

OOTS is my favourite U2 song from the last album and I'm really sad it's not going to be the next single over here...ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY'VE NOW FINISHED THEIR EUROPEAN TOUR. Had they just released OOTS in Europe, they wouldn't have to spend each night in Europe getting a proper orchestra on stage and playing it...

shaun vox said:
u2 dont have the balls to release LAPOE as a single!!:wink:

That song is a lot better than Elevation, and both are very "rock" songs, so LAPOE would be a hit single... but... i'm afraid to think what you said...:|

JUST IN !!!! U2 are going to capitalize on the success of their recent euro tour and release Vertigo twice!

Not really the subject, but why not ABOY. I think it has some of the most clever lyrics Bono's ever written and it rocks. Seems like an ok choice to me. OOTS would be a bolder choice, I think a better one too. After all, Hey Jude was one of The Beatles bigger singles.

Maybe working with a string section didn't work again..or perhaps they were doing tunes for the next album..

starvinmarvin said:
However, one of the biggest problems with the song is its title. Nowhere in the song does Bono actually using the words "original of the species." This may seem like a minor point to some, but how are the masses supposed to remember what the song is called? The song doesn't stand a chance.

They could have called it 'The First One of Your Kind', but that doesn't sound as catchy as 'Original of the Species'.

How did people ever remember 'Kite'? or 'Bad' or '40'? Or 'MLK' if they don't ever sing those words? Because they kick ass! That's why!

Why do people think OOTS sounds like dad rock? It sounds no different than the type of stuff The Beatles were putting out when they were in the their mid to late 20's.

I think original of the species has a lot more going on than vertigo, which is so formulated it's boring, but that's just me.

I really hope it becomes a single, it would be a good way to sign off the album. a lot of good single titles have nothing to do with the chorus like green day's good riddance.

Go ahead, bash the hell out of me.

coach said:

I really hope it becomes a single, it would be a good way to sign off the album. a lot of good single titles have nothing to do with the chorus like green day's good riddance.

There have been a few U2 singles that don't have the song title in the chorus, pride, unforgettable fire, miss sarejevo. I don't think that's the problem. The problem is OOTS is just plain dull

Back
Top Bottom