Why not release the BBC Radio 1 Version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brimcart

The Fly
I've given this a lot of thought, and I've done a lot of listening... I think that the version of ES that would be best to release and include with the album is the one that Sarah HB released last Sunday (wow...almost been a week since we first heard it). IMO, this song has more energy right out of the gates, it keeps that energy throughout the song, and it ends with a great guitar riff.

I don't understand why any "finishing" was needed on this version of the song. :shrug:

That certain "rock" edge (no pun intended) is just missing from the other newer versions of the song. I haven't read any posts or threads so far that agree with what I'm saying. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY?

I know that everyone is scrambling around right now to download the supposed "album" version and the ultra-cosmic, kinda spooky Willaim Orbit mix, but the jewel that I'm seeking is a good, clean, high quality mp3 straight from the demo CD that Bono gave to our beloved DJ. That, my friends, will be the true keeper.

I'm with you!

I've only listened to the "Single Version" once but have to say that so far I prefer the "Demo" version. In saying that it will take a few listens before I can make a fair assesment.

One reason for the "finishing" perhaps is that the song isn't too radio friendly. Nowadays singles need to be catchy and lively to survive, and that's why the real gems, album tracks, are only unearthed by hardened fans. The "Single Version" might have been thought as too slow to survive as a single. Most U2 songs need a few listens to be hooked and there's a good chance the public won't give it that (prime example - Walk On. Never really got the credit it deserved, while Beautiful Day went down as a classsic).

Maybe the demo as a b-side? Fingers crossed!

I'm with you--the Demo version is by far the best (although I do like all the versions). I don't think it will ever be released officially but hopefully a high quality mp3 will come to the internet in the future.

Back
Top Bottom