Why no VMA's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm going to browse other threads as I am wide awake. i'll see most of you somewhere in me travels. till then, be bad! (God, that was so nerdy)

ramblin rose said:
Holy Shit, Kelly Clarkson sure isn't lip synching. She sounds horrible

That's the worse I've ever heard her sound! I swear evertime I've heard her live on TV she has Mic problems.

ramblin rose said:
Doesn't this say something. Green Day won Viewers Choice Award.

Rock and Roll can't be dead.

Rock and roll isn't dead: it's been buried alive. Oh, it wants to live, but rubbish like Green Day sure aren't helping its cause.

I'm glad U2 haven't won anything. I wouldn't want their name to be in lights with inane bands like Green Day and The Killers.

axver, i can't believe you said "rubbish like Green Day." :tsk:

i love Green Day!!

:madspit:

all the profanity in the world coulnd't make up for this terrible transgression.

:sad:

I'm not sure if I want Coldplay to win anything or not. On the one hand, I've made my opinion of winning such an award very clear, but Coldplay certainly wouldn't take it that way ...

ruffian said:
axver, i can't believe you said "rubbish like Green Day." :tsk:

i love Green Day!!

:madspit:

all the profanity in the world coulnd't make up for this terrible transgression.

:sad:

Well, uh ... I like Porcupine Tree, does that make up for it?

(I'm having a hard time thinking of current bands I actually like. I've already managed to rubbish Green Day, The Killers, and Coldplay in this thread ...)

hi guys - I just sat through switching between hurricane coverage and the VMAs so I'm left with a feeling of doomsday panic and slightly nausated from the closing of the VMA:huh:
I'm happy green day and the killers both won :D

I'm back what's going on with the Hurricane is New Orleans getting it bad?

Oh, oh, are you guys watching!?

Diddy just made a remark about how he was a cunning businessman!

:|

Oh, oh, Diddy is doing a dance number now! He's surrounded by beautiful women in bikinis!

:|

Val said:
I'm back what's going on with the Hurricane is New Orleans getting it bad?

Every time I see 'hurricane' capitalised I think of my beloved Wellington Hurricanes and the rugby. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm not supporting Katrina. :reject:

U2 isn't there b/c they got advance word they weren't going to win. They're well-connected enough and savvy enough to (1) get tipped-off ahead of time and (2) not show up only to get shafted.

There was a shooting, btw, at Kanye West's party in Miami last night -- an unidentified guy in a pink shirt walked up to Suge Knight and shot at him point blank, several times, but only hit his thigh. Apparently the guests (A-list celebs, pop stars, media types, etc.) all ran out screaming. Good times...

its because the vma's are stupid and U2 doesnt roll like that. its just a giant popularity contest and really has no benefit whatsoever other than the possibility of lil' kim's boob popping out.

Back
Top Bottom