why no Vertigo concert TV specail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
does anyone remeber when one of the major stations like CBS ABC or NBC back in like 2001 aired a U2 Elevation TV special that was like 6 songs from the slain show. Loved that special I taped it. I was a newer fan back then and it realy like doubled my love for U2 I forced all my friends to watch it over and over again when ever I had anyone over.

Why wasnt there a Vertigo special? I was waiting for one and realy wanting one. I am not sure but werent there like 2 or 3 TV specials in South America?

TV is too busy showing 24 hours of reality shows and game shows a day.

But honestly, I don't think the Slane special did very well in the ratings (unless I'm misremembering), and on top of the Pop special that was like the lowest rated program on ABC since the stone age, I don't think anyone's chomping at the bit for more U2 TV specials.

I'd rather have DVD stuff than a TV special interrupted by too many commercials. :shrug:

corianderstem said:

But honestly, I don't think the Slane special did very well in the ratings (unless I'm misremembering),

yep... it was the lowest CBS rating for that night :(

prolly because all the Neilson ratings called U2 fans, but we wouldn't answer the phone while we were watching U2 on TV! ;)

Back
Top Bottom