Why no "Bad"???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Anyone have an answer out there???
Why isn't "Bad" included on the new Zoo T.V. dvd???
Did they not play "Bad" on most of the tour??
The reason I ask is that the last 3 DVD concerts U2 have put out "Bad" was not included. I just thought it was about time.
No big deal...just wondering.

Chizip said:
isnt Bad on the Boston DVD?

Yep that's right, but what Harry meant is that the last three dvd's didn't contain Bad (Slane, Chicago and Sydney). I guess Harry will be disappointed as the next possible dvd's (POP Mexico City of Vertigo Buenos Aires or Milan) either don't contain Bad.

The Boston Bad could be the worst version of that song I've ever heard.....Bono sounds like shit on it.

Harry Vest said:
Anyone have an answer out there???
Why isn't "Bad" included on the new Zoo T.V. dvd???
Did they not play "Bad" on most of the tour??
The reason I ask is that the last 3 DVD concerts U2 have put out "Bad" was not included. I just thought it was about time.
No big deal...just wondering.

They did play it , 90% of the tour , but yeah it was left out

And mate , wouldn't be very optmistic bout seein it soon , the 2 most likely releases : Milan or Mexico , don't have it

Re: Re: Why no "Bad"???

Actually there're no excuses for not including Bad on Zoo TV DVD :scream:

Bad was performed during most of Zoo TV Tour both in 1992 and 1993 !!!! :heart: and there're many DVD bootlegs circulating with Bad performed from Zoo TV :sad:

So why they didn't include it? :down:

Moreover, Bad has been performed live on EVERY U2 tour since 1984 (545 performances according to www.elevation-tour.com), and there's footage from every Tour performed it live :up: so if they're working on Popmart DVD there's no excuse for not including it :banghead:

Re: Re: Re: Why no "Bad"???

ponkine said:

Moreover, Bad has been performed live on EVERY U2 tour since 1984 (545 performances according to www.elevation-tour.com), and there's footage from every Tour performed it live :up: so if they're working on Popmart DVD there's no excuse for not including it :banghead:

You just answered your own question. From each tour or DVD i want rarities , something new and refreshing.

Why do you guys want Bad included on a DVD of a show where it wasn't played? If this is the Sydney show, don't we all want to see the Sydney show?

ok then why did they put Mysterious Ways on Slane? that was from a different show!

so no reason not to put Bad on any of these DVDs,

ALSO

Chicago was a mix of two nights, not just one show, apparently Bad was performed at one of the two nights, so again is was unincluded. no excuse really.

prideofzootv said:
ok then why did they put Mysterious Ways on Slane? that was from a different show!

No, that's incorrect. Mysterious Ways was from the same Slane show (played between Where The Streets Have No Name and Pride).
I don't really miss Bad on the Zoo TV DVD. When I think of the Zoo TV Tour I think of many songs that belong to that period, but Bad's not one of them. Bad belongs to the Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree era and also kinda to the Elevation era and not really to the Zoo TV era (nor Popmart).

:)

prideofzootv said:

so no reason not to put Bad on any of these DVDs,

ALSO

Chicago was a mix of two nights, not just one show, apparently Bad was performed at one of the two nights, so again is was unincluded. no excuse really.

Of the four night stand in Chicago, Bad was only played on nights 1 & 4. Guess which nights were recorded? Nights 2 & 3, which is unfortutante as the Bad from night 4 was killer.

Bad wasn't in the Sydney setlist. However, those saying it should have been included were referring to the extras, Headache.

Bad did not appear in the TV special, so it didn't have much of a shot. You could make a case for a lot of songs. U2 just does a shitty job of extras. Why no Ultraviolet? Why no alternate version of WoWY? Why no Sunday Bloody Sunday? Why no WGRYWH? Why repeats of The Fly and EBTTRT as opposed to these other songs? There's a lot of questions.

BAD is on 3 DVDs: Boston, R&H and Live Aid.

4 if you count the UF VHS tape.

I'd rather it be a Zooropa track that was only played a couple times.

u2fp

An Cat Gav said:
I think Dirty Day took Bad's place on the tour.
They certainly played it at Wembley a few times.

That's correct. Bad was permanently before Bullet on the first two legs of ZooTV, it rotated with Sunday Bloody Sunday in the same spot for the next two legs, and was replaced by Dirty Day on the final leg.

I'm glad Bad is not on many DVDs. It makes its appearance that much more special and notable. I'm sick of the way that almost every DVD has at least two of Streets, One, WOWY, and ISHFWILF. U2 need more variety in the songs they choose to record for DVD.

randy5554 said:
Why do you guys want Bad included on a DVD of a show where it wasn't played? If this is the Sydney show, don't we all want to see the Sydney show?

So you don't want ANY extras on DVD's or what
:down:

It's such a great feeling watching more live stuff from other concerts, make your viewing experience better :drool: and gives more value to your money :up:

When you have a landmark Tour as Zoo TV with several changes between 1992 - 1993 (not only setlist but stage itself as well, introduction, screen projections, etc, etc) you shoud include a good deal of extra stuff to create a wide vision of what really was Zoo TV :heart:

It's the first time I read a fan complaining about the inclusion of extra songs not from the main concert, that's pretty embarrasing to say the least :|

Usually fans complain (with reason) about the lack of extras and the rather poor effort in the work done for DVD's (including Zoo TV, with the lack of extras is the main point about negative reviews)

When the main concert is cut (like Zoo TV, TTYAATW was edited out) I understand why fans complain about ... but complaining for the inclusion of extra stuff is simply beyond me :shrug:

Axver said:

I'm sick of the way that almost every DVD has at least two of Streets, One, WOWY, and ISHFWILF.

Well technically my good mate Axv , I still has never been released so far live on dvd

And a dvd having 2 streets , 2 ones ??? Wheres that ? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom