Why have all the "remove one song from the album" threads been closed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Came back this morning to look at the responses and noticed that a JT thread had appeared with the same type of question.

Why have both of these been closed?

Cause we don't want any of the songs to feel left out or have their feelings hurt.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Strangely enough, I was scratching my head wondering the same thing. There was no flaming, the topics were obviously about U2, and seemed harmless enough.
confused.gif

I agree with what Sula's saying.
Why was it closed?

ps: I don't think U2 fans shuldn't be constructively critical about the music - and i think that's better than blidnly saying all of their music is perfect.

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-09-2002).]

I'm a bit confused by it too. Why, because some people don't like the idea of criticizing U2's work? That's an awfully silly reason to close threads - especially if there wasn't any bickering or flaming going on. If we're so far gone as fans that we can't voice negative opinions about U2 or their music, then that's a really sad thing.

I liked the topics too. And since we have practically nothing new going on w/ U2 to talk about, they were refreshing indeed.

------------------
"That's the first time we've played that song in... about 15 years." -Bono, after In God's Country - Phoenix 11/23

Homer: There's your giraffe, little girl.
Ralph: I'm a boy!
Homer: That's the spirit. Never give up.

Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

Agreed with all of you. I don't quite understand - no flaming, maybe a difference of opinion, very constructive imo. And by no means was anyone saying overtly "That song is a piece of shit and shouldn't be on the record. Period!"

Mods out there, any explanations?
smile.gif

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Were they moved?

well normally they say so in the last post and then close the thread. Besides...moved to where? The general discussion about U2 forum?
tongue.gif

I closed them because they were serving no purpose other than people getting upset because their favorite songs were getting critisized.

Obviously nobody but myself agrees so I will open them again.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Well now that I've opened the other threads again I will indeed close this one.

And please dont start another thread asking why this tread is closed.

I hate that more than anything.

mad.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back