WHY don't U2 record a song for a Bond movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I know that Bono and Edge wrote "Goldeneye" for Tina Turner, but wouldn't it be great too see the guys make a theme song for a Bond movie?

Maybe something in the direction of Stateless, musically. That percussion sounded awfully "Bondy" to me.

Or something totally out of this world, like HMTMKMKM from Batman?

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-10-2001).]

Suposely they`ll do it! And it`s going to be extremly cool ,of course
smile.gif
. But them people will start talking about how they soled out and bla bla bla...

Now do we realy want that?!

I do wish they`ll make another amazing piece like HMTMKMKM...But not nesecary for a Bond movie (Or any other movie for that matter)

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

aren't all the bond songs sung by women?
thus precluding U2

------------------
always wear your safety belt

they probably don't because they aren't asked

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by U2ME3:
I've never seen a James Bond movie.

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!
mad.gif

(I'm only talking about the Sean Connery-Bonds here........)

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Duran Duran did View to a Kill and A-ha did something else.. But having u2 do a bond film??? Definitely a sellout... U2 can keep doing what they're doing... they don't need to do bond soundtracks...

Originally posted by ContrlKaos:
Duran Duran did View to a Kill and A-ha did something else.. But having u2 do a bond film??? Definitely a sellout... U2 can keep doing what they're doing... they don't need to do bond soundtracks...

How exactly is it more of a sellout than Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, or releasing a Best-Of or donating Elevation to the Tomb Raider soundtrack or doing a remix of the Mission Impossible theme?

Originally posted by SkeeK:
How exactly is it more of a sellout than Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, or releasing a Best-Of or donating Elevation to the Tomb Raider soundtrack or doing a remix of the Mission Impossible theme?

LMAO SkeeK!!!
biggrin.gif

Who defined the term 'seeling out' anyway? Blah!!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

WOW, U2girl...I am RIGHT NOW listening to Stateless as I read your post!
biggrin.gif
Amazing, astounding song that for some reason nearly brings me to tears...but now that you mention it, it is kinda "Bondy" sounding, if you compare it to say, "Goldfinger."

However, for a JB movie, I think something more along the lines of the Mission Impossible themesong or (i agree) HMTMKMKM would be very cool indeed...

Whatever they do, you know it'll be perfect for the movie!
wink.gif

Originally posted by U2girl:
I know that Bono and Edge wrote "Goldeneye" for Tina Turner, but wouldn't it be great too see the guys make a theme song for a Bond movie?

Maybe something in the direction of Stateless, musically. That percussion sounded awfully "Bondy" to me.

Or something totally out of this world, like HMTMKMKM from Batman?

Back
Top Bottom