why doesn't Bono go drinking with the Bush girls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
all this talk of him hanging out with Chelsea Clinton and I haven't once heard about him schmoozing the Bush twins while they are out drinking

Now thAT WOULD REALLY PISS off grandpa! And them being underage probably wouldn't matter to Bono, they are like double the drinking age than where he's from!

Because they are stupid?

tongue.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

even Bono has got to draw the line somewhere

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

It's just my opinion.

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Oh z-edge, don't get all mad! Its just a joke thread! Come on kids!

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Originally posted by z edge:
WHAT IN THE HELL do all of you have against the Bush twins???

Anyone who is a)underage and b)the child of a very prominent public figure (ie the President) should know better than to try to use a fake id, especially in a place where that public figure is especially well-recognized (ie Texas). And each of them has done it. I believe one of them has done it twice. This isn't a moral judgement. I have nothing "against" them. I just think they displayed a lack of intelligence or, at the very least, of good judgement, in a very public way.

But your point is well-taken. I probably shouldn't make such slights against them when I don't know them at all.

But, c'mon. It was a pretty dumb thing to do...
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Calluna:

Oh z-edge, don't get all mad! Its just a joke thread! Come on kids!

Go take a ride on one of your magic carpets' eating happy brownies all the way back to cukoo land!

No I'm not really mad, I do get a little miffed at close-minded people though.

Originally posted by z edge:
Go take a ride on one of your magic carpets' eating happy brownies all the way back to cukoo land!

Uh.......okay, forget it.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

I'm not close-minded. The reason I don't like Bush is for his lack of compassion for the environment. Drilling for oil where there are endangered species, etc. And yes, I know, that doesn't have to do with his daughters, does it? HallelujahHereSheComes listed my reason for not really liking them too much, either. And I agree you can't depend on an opinion of a person you haven't met. It can go both ways I guess.
But that's my last post for this thread. It's my opinon, and you're probably not going to change it.
*sigh*

------------------

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
[B
But your point is well-taken. I probably shouldn't make such slights against them when I don't know them at all.

But, c'mon. It was a pretty dumb thing to do...
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-07-2002).][/B]

Thanks. I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do. I've done the same and worse. Damn we all have done "bad" or illegal things at that age. Not everyone gets the exposure though.

Look at Prince Harry, he's in all the tabloids for doing the same crap and he's even younger. But I don't see anyone in here complaining about him, because he's not a Bush. And some people in here HATE conservatives no matter what but you shouldn't HATE anyone, let alone their children.

I guess it all depends on 2 things, getting caught and who your daddy is.

So how long til the Bush twins pose for Playboy?? They've got a better rack than I do.

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

Because I don't like Bush or his daughters.

------------------

Thats real smart-do you know his daughters?

No. But I don't know Bush either but I know how much I dislike him.

------------------

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
No. But I don't know Bush either but I know how much I dislike him.

With that logic then, we should have impeached Chelsea Clinton, right???

Whatever~

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 02-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom