Why does Bono say unos, rather than uno?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Lillywhite album theory doesn't explain why he says 'unos' instead of uno. And the Bible passage seems like a stretch because, if that's truly what he was referring to, I doubt that he say 'unos' or say it in the order/manner that he did.

If you want to know my guess.. and it is only a guess... it is that 'Vertigo' is maybe about disorientation in a way. If your body is actually experiencing vertigo (the actual medical condition) you are dizzy, disoriented, etc.

I would say that 'the jungle is your head' lyric possibly supports this idea.

One thing is for certain, it is not a mistake. He did it for a reason. There is a theme it fits in with or a meaning behind it for sure.

I hate overanalyzing, but...

vertigo (vur'-ti-go') n., Med. a condition in which one has the feeling of whirling or of having the surroundings whirling about one, so that one tends to lose one's balance; dizziness.

'the jungle is your head', 'can't rule your heart', 'your mind can wonder'... all possibly establishing a sense of this so called 'whirling', being overwhelmed, senses overloaded, etc.

The graphics for the shirt (back) would also suggest this. The concentric circles around the title 'Vertigo'....

unos, dos tres, catorce... counting in an erratic order would suggest disorientation. Maybe?

Yes? No? Anyone agree with that possibility?

:scratch:

starsgoblue, they spend a lot of time recording and mastering tracks for an album. I don't think they leave room for mistakes. Not to mention the t-shirt. Given Bono's history, there isn't much he does without reason or purpose.

And did he really thow dog crap at his teachers?! Yikes!

Justified, organ sharing?!:ohmy:

username said:
starsgoblue, they spend a lot of time recording and mastering tracks for an album. I don't think they leave room for mistakes. Not to mention the t-shirt. Given Bono's history, there isn't much he does without reason or purpose.

And did he really thow dog crap at his teachers?! Yikes!

I thought you could have heard my sarcasm through the post.

But yes, he did toss dog poo at a teacher once...That little scamp.

starsgoblue said:
I'm telling you guys...we are worrying about the proper spanish diction from a guy that would goof around in class and throw dog poo at teachers--I'm sure it was a honest mistake!

starsgoblue - you've definitely presented the most plausible theory to date!

I've been wondering about this uno/unos thing too :hmm: Glad I'm not the only one!

It's got to be intentional and have some sort of meaning. . .disorientation, yes. That's a darn good possibility :yes:

I learned how to count in Spanish from watching Sesame Street when I was like 5 years old so you'd think someone would've pointed the mistake out by now :laugh:

starsgoblue said:
I thought you could have heard my sarcasm through the post.

But yes, he did toss dog poo at a teacher once...That little scamp.

Oops... sorry. I hate when people don't detect sarcasm and then go on like they know what they're talkng about. *feels like a boob*

And tossing poop at a teacher?! I am still shocked. What a little devil he must have been. Then again, maybe he still is...:bono: = :mac: ?

:scratch:

It's easier to sing unos dos tres catorce because they all end with the same syllable. I think that's why.

Back
Top Bottom