Why do you think U2 is so amazing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I hope that there aren't any other threads like this, and if there are, sry for being repetitive. I was just wondering what people think separates U2 from all the other bands out there, and makes them so amazing.

I think that they are so amazing because their songs are so personal, even though they have milloins of fans. U2's music is versatile, like people's moods, and there is a U2 song for possibile emotion U2 is so real, compared to bands like the Backstreet Boys. U2 write there own music, and puts feeling, emotion and life into all of their songs that affect everybody personaly.

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is the strong friendship between the four of them. Without that, we wouldn't have the 20+ years of powerful music.

simple answer: the music.

long answer: i can't think of many bands that have put out album after album where i can pick 7 favourites and feel like i'm leaving out some.

they've been around for a long time now, but they don't repeat themselves. 10 albums, 10 DIFFERENT albums. and still going!

the stuff that edge does on the guitar makes me want to play the guitar. not cos i want to sound just like him though

i've never seen them live, but just watching a tape or a dvd has a more moving effect than seeing some lesser bands live. it's concert footage that turned me from a u2 fan to a huge u2 fan.

i'm sure i'll think of a few more reasons as this thread grows, but that's basically why i think they're so amazing.

1.Bono is fucking cool as shit...
2.Their music is very diverse, yet it is all distinctly U2
3.Their live performances("Where The Streets Have No Name"...end of story.)
4.Sunglasses are cool
5.Longevity, relativity, and fucking up the mainstream!...:bono:

The fact that they evolve with each album, but the quality of the music is constantly (more or less) excellent.

Nate Dogg said:
1.Bono is fucking cool as shit...:

How cool is shit, really? I've heard shit described as many things before, never cool. Usually stinky.

Their sound is very unique and I never heard anything like it. Bono's voice has a way of touching you in a way other singers don't, or they do rarely - while he does it regularly.
More often than other bands, I can relate to their lyrics.

They continue to evolve and grow without compromising the quality and integrity of what they do. They seem to have a bond with one another that runs deeper than the music which I think only makes the music better. You can hear a song for the first time that sounds nothing like the last but are able to recognize right away it is U2.

They are like noone else live in my book. There are no other artists that I have seen live that leave you with a euphoria that you could live off of for days.

There are just so many things, i could write a book about but these will definitely be the chapter headings of that book:

Intelligent yet very personal lyrics, there's atleast one quote from every song that i just :love:

Bono's amazing voice:"Is it getting better...?" It doesn't get any better than this and surely I don't feel the same after every listen... :sexywink:

I've never known a group that I liked every single album from.

and last but not least..... their commitment to friendship and family makes them truely one of a kind

u2popmofo said:

How cool is shit, really? I've heard shit described as many things before, never cool. Usually stinky.

:lmao: I know a guy who loves the smell of horse manure but, yeah, I don't think most people are down with that!

Why do I think U2 is so amazing?

A lot of these have been mentioned already, but oh, well:

-The friendship between all the guys. None of them have been kicked out, no new people have been added, just the same four guys playing together for over 20 years. I find that utterly amazing and sweet. And I agree with the person who mentioned their dedication to their families. You can tell they're truly happy with their respective wives or girlfriends and children.

-The lyrics in their songs-they're so poetic and deep, they can really make you think about certain things, they can be relateable to any situations.

-The positivity and inspirational aspect of their music-I described it this way on another board: songs like "Stuck In A Moment", "Walk On", "Beautiful Day" and so on-they can make you feel better on a day when things just aren't going your way. It's almost like they're sitting next to you, telling you that things will be okay, you'll make it through whatever crap is going on. It's like their version of a hug for you. It's very reassuring.

-The fact that their music can have a spiritual tone to it, but it's not preachy or zealotic. It's not overly religious. Like, when I watch the "Rattle & Hum" movie and it gets to the part where there's that gospel version of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"-that's the kind of spirituality I'm into, that's the kind of church I'd like to go to-it makes me feel uplifted, it makes me feel good. The guys' beliefs on religion and the way spirituality is expressed in their music fits perfectly with my spiritual beliefs, and I like that.

-The sheer creativity the band has-who else could have come up with such a brilliant concept as the whole ZooTV thing? Who else could have thought up those alter egos and made them totally work for the period of time the band was in? This is a band that isn't afraid to try new things, to experiment with their music-none of their albums sound the same-and they can pull it off. They can make one album one way and then turn around and do something totally different on their next one and it will always turn out interesting and great.

-The way they interact with their fans. They treat their fans like gold, give them one hell of a show (from what I've seen on T.V., anyway), and it's cool-it allows the fans to feel close to the band, it makes the band seem touchable, like you could meet them on the street and have a nice chat with them. They're nice people, no snobby attitudes at all.

-The talent of each of the four guys-they all shine individually and collectively when they perform.

-They have a good sense of humor.

-And I agree with what Nate said about Bono-he is cool. Very cool. I really, truly admire him and respect him greatly because of all that he does for people, for all his humanitarian efforts. I rarely see celebrities that dedicated to helping others, and I think it's wonderful what Bono does.

Bono's a very charismatic person-it's like he was born to be a lead singer of a band, he's so charming and makes each person he meets feel like they are very important to him. And he has a voice that is just pure heaven to listen to-he can make his voice do whatever he wants it to do, he can make it sound happy or sad or angry or just downright sexy. He's a very fascinating person to watch, to learn about, to hear. He's insanely intelligent, too. Which is great.

I love seeing how far they've come since they first got together, how they've evolved over time as people and as musicians.

Angela

This is why - not brilliant, but how I feel! really about the whole band - wrote this ages ago for DOL

Elevation

Somehow he seeps into your blood
and into your heart,
tugs at the strings
and takes you to that other place
of blissful rapture.

Somehow he becomes part of your life ?
sings to you with sounds
that sear the soul -
speaks to you with poetry
that bids your hair stand up -
and with his actions