Why do you like U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because listening to Zoo Station in the morning as I'm walking makes me feel really important, when really all I'm doing is going to the bus stop.

:wink:

U2 was the first band I really fell in love with. I liked Jethro Tull and Dixie Dregs before that (i know, pretty sophisticated taste for a second grader) because my stepdad played them, but U2 was the first band that kinda became my own. I not only could not get enough of Pop, but I also looked up things about the band on the internet, wanted more of their CDs, bought videos and books... they were the first band I really cared about. Their music just hit the right chord with me, I guess. I pretty much love everything they've done. I've got a lot of memories associated with their music and it's a real comfort to me.

and yes, live they're amazing.

also because I fell in love with them at such an early age they had a profound effect on my taste in music...a lot of the bands I like either influenced U2 or were influenced by U2 (or perhaps influenced by bands influenced by U2...influenced by proxy :wink: )

:yes: :sexywink: :heart: :bono: Well..with me it was the music at first! I Really liked 'I Will Follow" but fell in love with 'Gloria' and I have been a fan ever since!! And, i feel in love with Bono:drool: and loved that Man since! lol! But this band Live....I will tell you is like no other I have ever 'experinced'!!! As was said on here, it's like all the good experineces of my life are wrapped around This band! And I love This place....cuz I get to read about them, much more than 'out there'! :wink: I just love U2!

elevated_u2_fan said:
Grammar is a cruel mistress... :tsk:

Paging LemonMelon...

pioneer.gif
You need me to crack down on the unenlightened?

Re: Re: Why do you like U2?

Axver said:

Because almost everything they did from the pre-Boy era to the end of the Lovetown Tour seriously appeals to me, including my favourite album ever, The Unforgettable Fire. I also adore Passengers, and they've released a handful of great songs since the end of Lovetown (e.g. Acrobat, Zooropa, Gone, TGBHF, One Step Closer).

The eighties stuff has so much passion and enthusiasm mixed with great atmosphere and soundscapes, not to mention the intelligent political and theological themes that permeate much of the material. And at the end of the day, the songs from that era just sound really bloody brilliant.

I used to like current U2. Plus, I've come to really like it here, and there's more to this forum than just talking about current U2.

And yeah, the live gigs are still pretty good.

As usual, Axver gets it right, but I'd take it further. ALthough Pop wasn't 100% on it, I'd say that up until 1998 U2 did every thing right. They spoke to me in every single one of their songs and each sond made a significant impact on my life. They said things that I felt and above all Edge's music spoke to me about thelongings andpain in my heart. The 00's have thrown a handfull of classics up but too many are forgettable.
Music is a huge part of my life and U2 have been a major part of my life for over 20 years. I still love them and I don't pay any attention to new fans who question my status as a U2 fanatic just because I'm not a massive fan of their later stuff. I don't give a fuck what they think.

I like U2 because no matter what type of song I feel like hearing, or what kind of mood I'm in, there's always a song in their canon which I can listen to! Sometimes I feel like hearing that classic, ringing guitar of ISHFWILF, sometimes I feel like hearing the pop grooves of DYFL... sometimes I'm happy and crave Vertigo, sometimes I'm sad and put on Walk On... no matter what, there always seems to be a song to which I can put my moment to.

Back
Top Bottom