Why do U2 suck at making videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, if they meet, then Blue Room could prove he's not a 'sis'.

I'd pay to be there just to see the dispute. My money's on BR too.

:lol: I'm not looking to fight!! How did this thread get to this point. Seriously, I was legitimately asking the question. I figure if we met in person maybe it wouldnt be a big deal like its turned into here. Dalton tried to insult me with the"sis" comments and I wasnt trying to be antagonistic with my original post here.

Dalton if you want to meet I will, seriously. If you want to fight, so be it. But I wouldnt be looking to do that.

Blue Room said:
:lol: I'm not looking to fight!! How did this thread get to this point. Seriously, I was legitimately asking the question. I figure if we met in person maybe it wouldnt be a big deal like its turned into here. Dalton tried to insult me with the"sis" comments and I wasnt trying to be antagonistic with my original post here.

Dalton if you want to meet I will, seriously. If you want to fight, so be it. But I wouldnt be looking to do that.

Well I will take your word for it. Seriously though, I wouldn't mind meeting. I think I know you. Did you see my post about Calvin?

Dalton said:
By the way Blue Room, are you at Calvin by any chance? After reading your posts, I think I know who you are. Then yes we should definately meet.

No, I graduated from college long ago and I did not attend Calvin.

Blue Room said:

And yes, I did try to insult you with the "sis" comment, but I must have gotten you confused with someone else cause I did think you were female. My bad.

Blue Room said:
:lol: I'm not looking to fight!!

Sure, sure, that's what they all say. You know you want a good ol' fashioned street brawl with Dalton just for the entertainment of Interference. :wink:

Dalton said:
lol

Four pages of this!!!! I feel like I am part of a soap opera!

And he had to ASK why my posts were negative?

Ratings baby.

No, I said threads, not posts. :lol: and ratings answers my question, thats all I was asking. Maybe we can get back to the topic of the thread.

Dalton said:
Four pages of this!!!! I feel like I am part of a soap opera!

From today's TV guide ...

[...]
12:00 - Days Of Our Lives
13:00 - Interference
(Starring: Blue Room, Dalton, and the regulars. Today: Everything you know about messageboard drama is wrong.)

14:00 - The Bold And The Beautiful
[...]

Blue Room said:

No, I said threads, not posts. :lol: and ratings answers my question, thats all I was asking. Maybe we can get back to the topic of the thread.

The ratings bit was a joke. But I do think that U2 are subpar in the video category - in comparisson to how great they are in every other area.

A friend of mine and I were talking the other day and said that we wish they would go the Pearl Jam route if they aren't going to put a lot into them.

Now I am of mixed emotions on that. Is a bad U2 video better than no video? Part of me says yes, part of me says no.

Axver said:

From today's TV guide ...

[...]
12:00 - Days Of Our Lives
13:00 - Interference
(Starring: Blue Room, Dalton, and the regulars. Today: Everything you know about messageboard drama is wrong.)

14:00 - The Bold And The Beautiful
[...]

Man, I bet if we work hard we can have that "Bold and Beautiful" timeslot by easter.......

Dalton said:

Man, I bet if we work hard we can have that "Bold and Beautiful" timeslot by easter.......

Make a few more controversial threads, clone jick a couple of times, and fall into a love triangle and that timeslot is ours!

u2 makes average to stinky videos. who cares? videos stink.
streets was good, all i want is you was great, with or without you was great, most of the rest stunk.
they were probably too busy rehearsing or writing good songs to make the videos a major priority (i'm only half kidding).
never mind the stuck in a moment video -
the elevation video was stomach turning - god awful...
walk on was really bad (the morphing thing reeked of computers and jacko).
that's just fine with me. i i don't want them to make crazy videos to sell crappy songs. i want them to make amazing songs with videos that do/don't matter. they're musicians (not only entertainers). as far as i'm concerned, all their best videos had grainy footage, reminded of the album the song was from (the fly wasn't too bad, mysterious ways was annoying). that's my 25 cents...

Back
Top Bottom