Why do so-called fans throw stuff at Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2ulysses said:
I have a different question for all of you...

I'm sure you remember Diamond Dave (I think he's no longer allowed on this forum...). As you may recall, he hopped on the heart platform and ran towards U2. Those of you at the concert might have even felt U2 were in danger for a moment - until you realized what a fan Dave was.

Without repeating all of Dave's story, I was just curious - do you think this type of behavior, even though it was from a fan, just as bad as throwing things? I do - unless U2 calls you on stage, you aren't wanted there. But maybe these spontaneous moments are cherished by some?? I don't know... :confused:

the legend of diamond dave...

Dave_BONO_06.jpg

Dave_BONO_01.jpg

malone.jpg

Dave_BONO_03.jpg

Dave_BONO_05.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i actually told him i was gonna bring a beach ball one night and throw it at him so he can do the "oh look edge, a beach ball" scene from the slane concert, but everytime i forget to bring the beach ball (damn alcohol)... will be going to see them this weekend and next, perhaps if i remember :hmm:

but to the basic question... i'm a happy drunk, not a mean drunk. thus i wouldn't think to actually try to throw something at anyone. it's the mean drunks that ya gotta worry about... you put a mean drunk near a stage and they'll throw something at their best friend if ya let 'em, let alone a celebrity.

That would be hilarious, let me know if you ever do the beach ball thing. Make sure Tony's cool with it though. I know it kinda takes the spontanuity out of it, but you don't want to piss anyone off or get thrown out by a bouncer.

I'm glad to hear you're the "happy" sort headache, you seem to be having a lot of fun from what I've seen. It makes me wish I could fly across the country and catch a UF show myself. I hope that our future fan following out here in L.A. is as fun and loyal as you are. I feel bad for your liver though:lol:

I've had my run in's with the "mean" drunks. I had a guy flip me off during "Helter Skelter" because of it's relationship to Charles Manson. I told him "dude, we're a U2 tribute band and they covered it, lighten up. He just said "I don't f***in care" and continued with the one finger salute until the song was over. Good times!

Jason

www.U2JT.com

Bono B. Jones said:

That would be hilarious, let me know if you ever do the beach ball thing. Make sure Tony's cool with it though. I know it kinda takes the spontanuity out of it, but you don't want to piss anyone off or get thrown out by a bouncer.

I'm glad to hear you're the "happy" sort headache, you seem to be having a lot of fun from what I've seen. It makes me wish I could fly across the country and catch a UF show myself. I hope that our future fan following out here in L.A. is as fun and loyal as you are. I feel bad for your liver though:lol:

I've had my run in's with the "mean" drunks. I had a guy flip me off during "Helter Skelter" because of it's relationship to Charles Manson. I told him "dude, we're a U2 tribute band and they covered it, lighten up. He just said "I don't f***in care" and continued with the one finger salute until the song was over. Good times!

Jason

www.U2JT.com

funny story actually... well, i didn't find it funny at the time, but eh... right before christmas i went to see UF play in hoboken, just over the river from manhattan in new jersey... i was near the side of the stage just miding my own business. there was this one guy who was in front of the stage... big guy wearing a white shirt and jeans, who was giving tony a hard time... always trying to grab the mike, bumping into people, etc. etc. normal drunken jerk behavior. so after the first set is over, i go to the bathroom... i come out and a bouncer comes up to me and asks if i'd come outside with him. i look at him like he's got two heads and go "why?" they were throwing me out of the place. i was quite irate to say the least. i kept telling the guys "just go talk to anyone in the band, you've got the wrong guy." of course they didn't, so i never got to see the second set. had to drag myself back into the city and back home. was quite pissed at the time, but laugh about it now.

and what did i happen to be wearing that night? a white shirt and jeans... they thought i was the a-hole. merry f'ing christmas lol.

on a side note... if you ever get the opportunity, you should deffinetly hop a flight over to this coast and check 'em out. i've got first round :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
on a side note... if you ever get the opportunity, you should deffinetly hop a flight over to this coast and check 'em out. i've got first round :up:

Man I totally would if I could afford it. UF was one of two U2 tributes I thought were the best in the country, if not the world when I set out to have my own U2 tribute a year ago. Here we are a year later and are just getting started playing shows. It's been a long haul to get the perfect drummer and get the set list going, but it's been worth the wait.

Funny story, sorry to hear about the mistaken identity.

Keep up your support of UF and if you remember or have the chance, tell Tony and the boys that "The Joshua Tree" www.U2JT.com from L.A. says 'hello" and we thank them for being an inspiration to get our band going and for setting the bar high.

Jason.

catatonic bish said:
hi jason, any new gigs in the works?

Actually yes,

We will be playing an event on July 18th.

Go to:

www.u2jt.com and click on the Lamb-Phisto benefit tab

-or-

www.lamb-phisto.com and cllick on the events tab.

We're doing a series of events this summer with Johnno "Lamb-Phisto" Lambert who's running for honorary Mayor of the City of Wilmington. All proceeds from the events go to The Beacon House alcahol and substance abuse recovery program.

This event on the 18th should be a lot of fun, we're opening the show with a 45 min set with a pro wrestling team to follow. Lamb-Phisto will be wrestling "Andy Kaufman" style and will also don the blue Bvlgari shades at half time intermission to bust out a couple of U2 tunes with the band as well.

Hope you can make it. I'll be posting the show in the U2 gatherings forum soon.

Jason.

www.u2jt.com

Gah, that's truly sick, what happened to Bowie. That first picture in particular is awful. What kind of a stupid prick throws that?

Back
Top Bottom