why did the sky turn dark so quickly during elevation on the milan dvd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you know? Hamish has his own weather-manipulation generator he keeps backstage, so he can have whatever kind of brackdrops he want for any given song. I.E. Lightning and tornados during Bullet. (how awesome would that be. :drool: )

Lancemc said:
Don't you know? Hamish has his own weather-manipulation generator he keeps backstage, so he can have whatever kind of brackdrops he want for any given song. I.E. Lightning and tornados during Bullet. (how awesome would that be. :drool: )

very awesome

seriously, when the song starts it's daylight, and 5 minutes afterwards everything is completely dark. seems a little weird.

Zootlesque said:
...the orbit of your hips... eclipse you elevate my...

that makes sense

what if they closed the roof?:reject: I might be wrong but I haven't payed much attention to this

U2Man said:
seriously, when the song starts it's daylight, and 5 minutes afterwards everything is completely dark. seems a little weird.
see (1)Sunday Bloody Sunday // Live from Slane Castle

Were both Milan dates filmed? The only explanation other than a really fast sunset was that IWF was performed later on one day and the audio smoothed out to make it flow. But it is only a sampling of the night's concert, so jumps in time occured at nearly every transition.

I've not seen the video but is it at all possible that the sun just sank below the 'horizon' of the Stadium outline?

mrburns.jpg

It wasn't really shot in Milan. It was shot in the Hill Country in Texas, where it's pitch black five minutes after the sun goes down. They just told you it was Milan.

Clearly the Electric Co. that they didn't put on the DVD was a half hour performance. Duh.

U2Man said:
j_np post some screen shots, please.

If I had the dvd , I would happily do it

The Deluxe edition of u218 is not being bloody sold here .... :mad:

If at least the american sites were still selling it

DontExpect said:
Were both Milan dates filmed? The only explanation other than a really fast sunset was that IWF was performed later on one day and the audio smoothed out to make it flow. But it is only a sampling of the night's concert, so jumps in time occured at nearly every transition.

the first half of the first date the cameras didn't work, so that explanation is impossible... :)

the light was getting pretty low at the start of elevation and then got a bit dimmer but not totally dark... Might of been the sun going below the horizon but also it looked overcast so maybe some very dark clouds were helping darken things up too.

Back
Top Bottom