Why are U2 re-releasing 'The Joshue Tree'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
I think it's being remastered because I have to turn Exit all the way up to 11 to hear Bono's mumbling and have my eardrums blown out when the audio level reaches a listenable level.

This is the kind of release I've been waiting for the band to start doing and I hope more of these are along the way.

This is what I'm hoping the remastering will accomplish too. :up:

I imagine that they have a lot of stuff they want to do - getting the older video stuff out there, remastering stuff, whatever.

When they aren't pumping new product at Christmas, they trot out another project. Even if the band broke up tonight, they would continue working the gift-giving season. It's business.

Generally, I don't think they are putting out garbage (OK, maybe U218), but they have enough stuff in the vaults to keep Santa busy until 2050.

Yahweh said:
This article explains this very clearly and this is what i fear they will be doing to The Joshua Tree when they remaster it...therefore it will lose a lot of its depth and range.

http://www.mindspring.com/~mrichter/dynamics/dynamics.htm

I admit I'm also worried that "remastered" just means "made louder." I'll be comparing this new release carefully with my MSFL copy to decide which actually sounds better.

I am not that much in awe with the remastering results of the best of 80s disk

but Joshua Tree does definitely deserve a good remastering

Back
Top Bottom