Why a Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katey

War Child
Maybe I come about being a fan or U2 from a different way then most. Maybe it?s coming from a small town where I could never get away from who I was. Everyone new our largely political family and it was always everyone else?s business what we were doing. I ended up running away from that as soon as I could, I just wanted to go where no eyes could judge me and where what I did and who I was didn?t effect my family. I guess that?s what has always defined what kind of fan I am; I don?t want to overstep that boundary that I have always tried to protect for myself. Coming to Interference and becoming familiar with many of the folks who post on this site I am overwhelmed by the respect they show towards the band, it?s very nice to see. These are ordinary men with extraordinary talents it?s through their music or who they are as individuals that I and many have come to admire and respect them. I don?t know what it is , there is just something different about U2 fans that sets them apart from the rest I think that it is a testament to U2 themselves and in the end they give the fans that same respect back.

So I guess this is kinda of a thank you to the other fans on here as well, for being the kind of fans I believe U2 would be proud of and I am sure are.

I totally agree. There is a certain bond among U2 fans that makes us a very special group. I am sure there are many members here who are members in other forums of other interests (hobbies, other bands, celeb/athlete fan sites, equipment/product forums) but feel that the chemistry among U2 fans is hard to explain, kinda like how U2 have a hard time explaining when God walks into the recording studio but they just feel it.

There are instances of disagreement, like the perennial "Pop vs. ATYCLB" threads, but at the end of the day - both sides are very appreciative of the other sides arguments, and there is hardly any bickering or name calling. And everyone still loves U2 like one happy family.

But the goodness of U2 fans go beyond just forum participation. There are many who have shared their generosity with fellow fans when it comes to tickets or bootlegs or videos. There is something about U2 fandom that is quite hard to explain, and I'd rather not bother find the right words for it. But I assure you all it's something special that is better felt and experienced rather than explained.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom