whose words do you trust more...Bono or McG?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
So Bono says the next album and tour are going to be scaled down and simple...but Paul McG says that its going to be a big spectacle because "thats what the fans expect" whose words do you trust more?

McGuinness by a mile. Bono never seems to have half a clue.

I trust McGuinness more, but I'm not convinced that it'll be a spectacle (if, indeed, it is one) purely because fans expect it to be so. I don't HAVE any expectations, anyway.

At this point, everyone in the band and McGuiness can talk all they want but I wouldn't count on any of the above being solid gold.

I wouldn't trust any of them at this point. I don't think they have a clue about what their next show will look like. However, all things equal, always take McG over Bono!

Neither, I never listen to what they say about the music b/c it's all arbitrary and speculative anyway. What sounds like "punk rock" to me might sound like rubbish to someone else. I prefer to have no expectations and judge the songs for what they are, not what people have said about them.

Paul - no question in my mind, in fact, I believe just about 1.0007% of everything Bono says these days. :|

Not sure if either is set in stone, but Bono talks out of his ass so much you'd trust Paul more by default.

What does Edge have to say, or Larry or Adam?

The very way they go about making their albums means *none* of them are very good about predicting the future.

Ya'll read these statements and get all worked up over nothing (are you in it for the drama, or what?)

I just believe in U2.. and the rest eventually comes together.

Okay, I didn't know McG = Paul McGuiness until I opened the thread. I thought the original poster was talking about McG the movie director (Charlie's Angels).

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom