Who's Next to dismantle an atomic bomb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

learn2kneel

War Child
I remember Bono saying that he wanted this album to be their Who's Next...so I decided to do song comparisons between the two albums. Granted these aren't the most accurate comparisons since The Who is late 60's British hard rock and U2 is... well... U2. But bear with me here

Baba O'Reiley - City of Blinding Lights because of the keyboard intros, both long epic songs, drums step up at the end of both songs
Behind Blue Eyes - hard one but I'd say Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own because they're both ballads
Won't Get Fooled Again - Compares with Miracle Drug for me because of I think they are both the high points of the albums but the scream is in All Because of You
Bargain - Vertigo because they are both catchy single-like songs and "the best i ever haaaaaad" reminds me of "how to feeeeeeel"
Love Ain't For Keeping - This sounds like a slower more countryish All Because of You, theres a simliar riff there
My Wife - I'd compare it to A Man and A Woman because of the lyrical themes and they're both songs I usually skip over
The Song Is Over - Original of the Species because of the usage of piano in both of them and the overall uplifting feel they both have
Getting in Tune - One Step Closer - they both have a dreamy feel and the repeating part "getting in tune to the straight and narrow" reminds me of "one step closer to knowing"
Going Mobile - Yahweh because they are both midtempo album closers and they both use the classic sounds that are attributed to each bands

Anyone else agree with me on these, feel free to make corrections on my comparisons if you think necessary. How do you think the albums compare now that you've heard both.

very interesting theory there. A bit of a stretch for sue, but interesting nontheless.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom