who's going to Chicago #2, Oct 16???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
I'll be there!!!!!!

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

I'll be there in the GA line!!!!!! Probably be with a guy dressed up like Macphisto

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

Originally posted by mikal:
I'll be in the heart! I won't be waiting in line all day though(I have my secrets).

Hope to see you there!

I wouldn't advertise that here if I were you!! LOL!!!
biggrin.gif

I'll be there both days...both GA.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

[This message has been edited by MysteryGirl (edited 10-06-2001).]

If someone runs up to you and says, "Blarg!" or "Gao
mad.gif
" that will be my cousin. She will be in the heart night two.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Giant Lemon and I will be there! Probably ALL day waiting in the GA line. Look for a really tall brunette and an average height blonde, both wearing T-shirts with Adam's naked Achtung pic on it! (well, maybe
wink.gif
)

So who else is coming???

------------------
boom cha, boom cha.................discotheque!

I'll be in the heart! I won't be waiting in line all day though(I have my secrets).

Hope to see you there!

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

I'LL BE WAITING IN LINE TOO!! CANT WAIT FOR THE SHOW! I'LL BE THE HUNG OVER ONE IN LINE SINCE CHICAGO IS JUST A GREAT PLACE TO BAR HOP IN! I'LL BE THERE A WEEK FROM TODAY(SUNDAY)!!!!!!
ROB

Oh I'm three different flavors of being in the Heart. Look for a six foot tall red head with a case of mountain dew. You can hear me rant about how hot Bono is.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

Originally posted by notiti:
Oh I'm three different flavors of being in the Heart. Look for a six foot tall red head with a case of mountain dew. You can hear me rant about how hot Bono is.

I have GC that night, but you'll hear my Larry ramblings I'm sure!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~
(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Originally posted by Nancy:
So who else is coming???

MEEEEEEE!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

See ya'll in the GA line!!

------------------
"I buy socks."
--Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink

"Do you know," lectures Larry Mullen Jr, "One of Hitler's first military acts was to carpet bomb the village of his birth? He was obsessed by obliterating his past."
"We should do that to the Q photo library," muses Edge. "Destroy all evidence of mullets!"

--Q Magazine interview, "The Elastic Bono Band"

Originally posted by Nancy:
both wearing T-shirts with Adam's naked Achtung pic on it! (well, maybe
wink.gif
)

That's what we'll be wearing?!?! No one informed me of that!
biggrin.gif

Yay, Chicagoans! Can't wait to see you all there!

------------------
Got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade

"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Originally posted by notiti:

It's true. You can't miss notiti. At the Tacoma show, I had GC tix, and I was able to spot her in the heart with the aid of my concert binoculars. She was waving her crazy rockstar hands all over the place with her red pigtails bobbing up and down.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Giving this a bump as the date nears. What's everyone gonna be wearing, so we can pick each other out?

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Those of you with GA tix, what time are you getting there?

Hopefully around 1. I'm not sure if we'll get into the heart, but we'll at least get close. Last time I was at the outer tip, and it was a virtually perfect view.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom