Who's a U2 fundamentalist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobatic

War Child
Let me tell ya, fundamentalist are scary people. I think Larry mentioned it once about fans hanging outside their recording studio. It's one thing to be a good fan but what reason is there to hound them and probably scare them? Bono, Adam, Larry, Edge, they are human just like us. If I was famous (and of course I'm not) I would hate to have fans hanging with my every move. Let's follow the news and keep in touch but why aggravate the ones we love.

Why do fans have to have every last nook of stardom. Is it worth it? NO! I love U2 just like the rest of you (and I'm not saying any of you are on that edge) but keep in touch and respect the boys.

My wish is to just bump into one of them in a pub and have a decent conversation. . .make a new friend out of an old one. I guess my anger comes from the paparazzi, and those who have already freaked out one of the four.

I'm sure I posted in the wrong place at the wrong time but I spontaneously became frustrated with fundamentalists. (read "Under the Banner of Heaven" to catch my fever).

Sorry to bug ya all, "don't mean to bug ya!" Let's get Vertigo and rock on. . .

They're definitely out there - even in here (I've read some poasts and stories in PLEBA that are just so, so, so wrong) but they're celebrities and unfortunately that's part of the game, so I'm sure they're used to it and know how to handle it, and for the most part U2 fans seem to be very respectful. They are lucky, considering their fame, they probably have a very low 'obsessive/crazy' fan ratio.

I'm not one, but I've seen how they are. Meeting Bono a few years ago, some full grown women were seriously trampling little kids on the sidewalk b/c they wanted an autograph. And this was at an AIDS awareness-raising rally, a very serious and somber event, NOT a U2 concert. :tsk: As long as innocent children are starving to death, I could never justify spending hundreds of dollars to basically stalk the boys around Europe. What other people do with their time and money is their business though.

I wrote this HUGE reply and then I lost it. So, I'll put it very succinctly, this subject can really put a bee in my bonnet, can really tan my hide. Whatever cliche you want to name it. I agree with you all completely, believe me, and I've had some very negative experiences with those "fundamentalist" and insane fans, like you call them. Believe me, I will never be that problem for U2.

I would love to be mates with the boys, yknow hang out in Dublin.... thatd be so awesome.

Id be too embarrassed to be fundamentalist. It would depress me because there i would be goin crazy over 4 guys when im not doing anything to make myself earn some respect like they have won and earnt.

A fundamentalist is one who would get all crazy if they touch one of boys as they are walking past. Id prefer something more deeper, like a converstation, where im not playing the fan worshiping the hero, but instead just as acquaintances

Somewhat pathetic fundamentalism is in some cases, although u2 fundamentalism is understandable.

I don't care about meeting the band. I don't see the point with all this fandom thing or wanting to talk to Bono. I don't want to hear Bono talk to me or hang out with me. I just want him to write songs that will satisfy my hunger for good music. I buy U2's cds and I satisfy their appetite for profits, while U2 makes music and they satisfy my appetite for good music. It is a win-win situation. If I hang out in the studio just to talk to U2 or meet them, it would be useless. I will be wasting their time in making the album and it will just delay the album release. I'm just after the music, I couldn't care less about their personal lives. Fundamentalists get in the way of me enjoying U2's music.

Cheers,

J

Yeah they're nice guys and it'd be really cool f I did meet them, but I'm not going to put alot of effort into it. I'd just be like a ton of other fans that the band considers crazy anyways. If someday I get to give them a handshake that would be a pretty cool thing but I'll definitely be perfectly fine without it.

The part that scares me about the U2 Fundamentalists is when they burn the U2 Heretics at the stake! Ah...the smell...the horror...thr horror...

Back
Top Bottom