Whoawhee! A free "October" in Best of 1980-1990!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_212 said:
hat's a shortened version of streets? I hate sounding like an idiot :(

Where The Streets Have No Name // The Joshua Tree - 5.37

Where The Streets Have No Name // Best of 1980 - 1990 - 4.35

thelaj said:

Where The Streets Have No Name // The Joshua Tree - 5.37

Where The Streets Have No Name // Best of 1980 - 1990 - 4.35

How? Intro cut? I felt the intro was too long anyway.

I shouldn't have deleted what I thought were the "repeat tracks" from my mp3 player. Now I'm gonna reload them, so I can get all the mixes.

I should have expected this from U2 fans. Whichever way you swing it, all U2 songs are nice and deserve to make it to the best-of. We all know U2 puts a lot of effort into making an album (with the exception of Pop, no time). They say this many times in interviews. This is also evidenced by the small number of tracks on each album. Only 11 tracks on average?! They work on many other songs but, feeling it's not good enough, they don't release it. (saves them from the dismay:huh: of the hardcore fans here)
My point is that all U2 songs are nice.

I have a short, intense love affair with almost every U2 song I hear, where I sing, think of and crave for nothing but that song. (It's Electric Co. now)

I wish Mysterious Ways didn't make it. Put in If God Will Send His Angels instead.

i_love_adam said:

not very elite, if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Don't you remember Bono saying "The journey of equality moves on"?

Edge being so humble about his wicked playing?

Same for Adam?

tskie :tsk:

Sorry, but weren't you the one who dubbed us the elite in the first place?! :rolleyes:

I believe the intro to streets was cut, which I think is a shame since that 1.47 intro (from memory i think) is amazingly atmospheric. Think of it in terms of running out to buy the Joshua Tree and all you hear for that first moments is the building sound...amazing.

i_love_adam said:

How? Intro cut? I felt the intro was too long anyway.

im sorry, but with an attitude like that you'll never make it into the "elite" fan category

I don't fucking what to be elite! I mock those who proclaim themselves "elite", those who don't welcome new fans to the zone. (And now I think I should spend my passion on more worthy causes, instead of snobby fans. I love U2+Bono's attitude as much as their music) Does elite rhyme with pathetic to you? Swing it over to the other side, don't you feel like you lead a non-life spending so much time here? Balance is everything.

Anyway, that's what EYKIW people talk about. I like this song, I hate this song, etc.

i_love_adam said:
Don't you feel like you lead a non-life spending so much time here? Balance is everything.
You registered in Sept and have 500 posts. Now that is spending a lot of time here.

i_love_adam said:
Does elite rhyme with pathetic to you?
It rhymes with 'heat' which translates to: :combust:

Originally posted by i_love_adam
Anyway, that's what EYKIW people talk about. I like this song, I hate this song, etc.
U2 sucks :yuck:

i_love_adam said:
I don't fucking what to be elite! I mock those who proclaim themselves "elite", those who don't welcome new fans to the zone. (And now I think I should spend my passion on more worthy causes, instead of snobby fans. I love U2+Bono's attitude as much as their music) Does elite rhyme with pathetic to you? Swing it over to the other side, don't you feel like you lead a non-life spending so much time here? Balance is everything.

languange :(

i_love_adam said:

I'm sorry, but...

:lmao:

And now I think I should spend my passion on more worthy causes,

I'm curious, does this mean you are going to physically pursue Bono's dirty underwear now?

You registered in Sept and have 500 posts. Now that is spending a lot of time here.

YA RLY.

:lmao: :up:

As an "elite," I always thought the outtro to Streets was cut. It was very unsatisfactory hearing Bono sing the last words and then NOT hearing a good minute of that beautiful guitar chime, just hearing it fade out... :rant: Messing with perfection = not okay. :tsk: I never actually noticed the missing verse in New Year's Day, though... maybe that is why I screw up when I try to sing along to it.

5 stars for this thread.

Last edited:
i_love_adam said:

sweetie.. I think it's safe to say that chizip was kidding. Don't take him so seriously!

:lmao: at this thread!

PlaTheGreat said:

I'm curious, does this mean you are going to physically pursue Bono's dirty underwear now?

Ah, fuck off. I got my own answer somewhere off a recent radio interview. Bono said a Belgium guy name Walter designs their underwear and... whoops, I'm too lazy to type anymore. Interested? Go find it.

The 500 posts were spent oogling over Adam, not so much as on whining "U2 is making commercial crap these days" etc. I still remember one fucking selfish fool who was like "Bono be in the studios all the time, work entirely with the band, be there 100%, so you can make good music for my precious ears" SO I guess the 2 African crhildren who die of Malaria, 1 African mother who dies on pregnancy complications, 3 people who die of TB and 9 who get infected with the AIDS virus HIV EVERY SINGLE MINUTE don't matter as much? WTF?

Thanks for answering my question and not putting me down :)...

What happened to this thread? Everyone was being nice when I left it a few days ago.

Except for those people who were being mean to me :(

Ah, fuck off. I got my own answer somewhere off a recent radio interview. Bono said a Belgium guy name Walter designs their underwear and... whoops, I'm too lazy to type anymore. Interested? Go find it.

You mean you actually research Bono's dirty underwear? :tsk:

Thanks for the language. I really appreciate it at 9 am! :wink:

I still remember one fucking selfish fool who was like "Bono be in the studios all the time, work entirely with the band, be there 100%, so you can make good music for my precious ears" SO I guess the 2 African crhildren who die of Malaria, 1 African mother who dies on pregnancy complications, 3 people who die of TB and 9 who get infected with the AIDS virus HIV EVERY SINGLE MINUTE don't matter as much? WTF?

...and the anger in that statement is being directed towards...me? I'm still wondering how you are associating me with all the people who have made you angry in the past 4 months you've been here.

I guess I'm just taking the brunt of this blow for the ELITE TEAM!

BTW, ELITE TEAM, when are we going to our secret NY rooftop to talk trash about Interference newbies?! Plus we have to slag off HTDAAB some more!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

i_love_adam said:
SO I guess the 2 African crhildren who die of Malaria, 1 African mother who dies on pregnancy complications, 3 people who die of TB and 9 who get infected with the AIDS virus HIV EVERY SINGLE MINUTE don't matter as much? WTF?
Bono should leave the 'saving lives' business to Dr. House.

Bono should just leave his Africa business to Chuck Norris, he'll roundhouse kick the AIDS and malaria out of everyone in one week
chucknorris9pw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom