Who would you love to see Bono sing with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielle

The Fly
Just curious who comes to mind for you guys! Even though Bono does not sing often with others, I thought this would be interesting. You can through the Edge in here too if you wish. Though the only time I saw the Edge sing live with someone else was L.A. Popmart, when Davy Jones took the song over (i.e. saved the Edge from embarrassment) hehe.

I will probably have more people to add to this later, but for now I would definately say Neil Finn. As a big fan of Neil, I respect his love for music and performing. To see him and Bono do a song together would be amazing. What song? I don't know. I post on the finn msg board (frenz) and in the past people over there have said they would love to see Neil and Bono together. So I know I am not alone. I wonder if they even know one another. Has there ever been any U2/Crowded House connection? Oh well... so who do you think?

I would love to see him sing with someone he can harmonize with. Concerts when he and Edge sing together are pure magic :heart:

Lancemc said:
Emmylou Harris
Man, Emmylou Harris sings with everyone. She's like the town bicycle. I love her, but shit, I can't even throw on a Bright Eyes record without hearing her wailing in the background.

As for the question, I think the band should do another "Seconds"-style Bono/Edge duet (or maybe something along the lines of Oasis' "Acquiesce"). Or maybe some more work with Sinead O'Connor and Andrea Corr.

Last edited:
That's why I chose Emmylou. The instant I heard her singing with Daniel Lanois on his latest album, I fell absolutley in love with her voice. She also appears on 3 songs on Elvis Costello's new album. She's simply amazing.

Donald Rumsfeld.

They could do "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"...

heheh But I think it is John Ashcroft who is more the singer.....if anyone has seen him sing about eagles soaring...or whatever that was!

I agree Emmylou would be good too.

danielle said:
Just curious who comes to mind for you guys! Even though Bono does not sing often with others, I thought this would be interesting. You can through the Edge in here too if you wish. Though the only time I saw the Edge sing live with someone else was L.A. Popmart, when Davy Jones took the song over (i.e. saved the Edge from embarrassment) hehe.

I will probably have more people to add to this later, but for now I would definately say Neil Finn. As a big fan of Neil, I respect his love for music and performing. To see him and Bono do a song together would be amazing. What song? I don't know. I post on the finn msg board (frenz) and in the past people over there have said they would love to see Neil and Bono together. So I know I am not alone. I wonder if they even know one another. Has there ever been any U2/Crowded House connection? Oh well... so who do you think?

Yes!:up:

Jim Kerr

and tell him he's right, and stop condoning those stupid old men's wars and bloodshed for oil.

Ed Kowalczyk from LIVE. It would make Ed's dream come true. On Live's recent greatest hits tour, he sang a stirring rendition of Running to Stand Still.

Britney Spears. Personally I love Britney's voice and reckon it would sound great in Harmony with Bono's.

Adam Clayton

Ian Brown from the legendary Stone Roses.

John Lennon (if only it were possible...)

discothequeLP said:

Whenever I see the name Jordan, I just think of the glamour model Jordan. I'm assuming you don't mean her though....
:wink:

I'd like him to duet with Andre 3000

Jordan reminds me of Michael Jordan. I have heard Bono's Jordan is nicknamed JoJo, and there is already a girl singer using that name :sigh:

I'm sadly disappointed that we never got to hear that Bono/J-Lo duet that we all so hotly anticipated a couple of years ago. Whatever happened to that? Remember how excited we all were?:wink:

I would love to see Bono sing with Adam, Edge & Larry in front of lots of Americans this spring if I could only buy a ticket when I live in Cyprus.

paulrg said:
I would love to see Bono sing with Adam, Edge & Larry in front of lots of Americans this spring if I could only buy a ticket when I live in Cyprus.

You mean like a boy band ??,, :wink:

I hate duets, so dont do it Bono,,, BUT if it had to happen then Bono and Neil Finn could be good. And ofcourse the Bono - Frank Sinatra duet was great,,

Duets is kind of a no-no word to me after seeing all those pathetic duets like Ricky Martin and Christina Agui ( Whatever )..
And Whitney Houston and George Micheal...

Back
Top Bottom