Who went to see U2 in East Rutherford yesterday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgie

The Fly
I read bono said the band went to ground zero during the show.
What did he say exactly? Impressions, feeling?
I know they played Please after that, but any official words on their visit to froun zero?

Bono only said that they visited ground zero and left there very touched. Bono was wearing a FDNY shirt during Walk On and kept pointing to what looked like the name of a firefighter printed on the shirt. He then thanked the firefighter for wearing the uniform and ultimately giving his life. Bono said the firefighter was singing with the angels now and that we hope to see him soon but not too soon. It was a very emotional moment in the show.

[This message has been edited by Zoomeranger (edited 10-29-2001).]

From U2guatemala:
From U2guatemala"
Bono coment? que visit? hoy el ?rea conocida como "Ground Zero", donde anteriormente quedaban las torres gemelas. Mencion? que sinti? tristeza y enojo./
Short translation:
Bono said he felt sad and angry when he visited Ground Zero.

From U2tours:
Finally during "Walk On" when he wore an FDNY shirt that belong to one of the dead firemen....he said his name, he was from Brooklyn...and then he said..."He lost his life at the twin towers but I know he is watching from Heaven right now...and we will see you soon...but not yet..." and then he goes into "Haleluiah" was very touching....

Back
Top Bottom