Who wants to see an opening act?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I must say, I've never seen the opening act at any of the concerts I've been to (about 15 concerts). There's never been an opening act I care to see. The only one I would care to see isn't opening on the East Coast (No Doubt). That would definitly be my first. Anyone else never see the opening act for all the concerts they've been to?

I always do, being that it is included in my ticket price. Even though I don't always know the band, it is nice to hear new music. I became a fan of Marvelous 3 when I saw them open for Collective Soul, and I'd never heard of them before.

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

I consider myself lucky that for all 3 U2 shows I've seen this year I loved the opening act.
smile.gif
Same goes for Vegas, I love No Doubt. Therer aren't that many acts I could do without, so I guess I can say that I usually don't mind them.

Originally posted by ZOOTB:
The only one I would care to see isn't opening on the East Coast (No Doubt)

they are openning the show at MSG tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by no disk (edited 10-24-2001).]

I've seen some great opening acts in my day (Stevie Ray Vaughn opening for Robert plant for example), and some awful opening acts (Bonnie Hayes and the Wild Combo opening for Huey, anyone else ever have to sit through this?).
It generally depends on who the opening act is as to whether I get there in time or not, but sometimes you see something great, other times you don't. But remember this, U2 was once an opening act...so you just never know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom