Who wants to hear Winter or whatever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
....if thats what it might have been called a year ago. Whatever, I wanna hear them original tracks from when the album was supposed to be finished last year. But I guess we never will.

OMG! we get it rj! you point about the album has been made clearly 1000 times already. Now do us all a favor and just shut the hell up, or move on to something different.

ok, now I'm 100% confident you are here just to stir up trouble...it's getting real old real fast.

This is just an opinion to hear the original songs. Whats wrong with that? It would be interesting to see what they were like before Lilywhite took over.

yes, I agree with that, but my point is that every single post you've made in the past couple weeks (or at least it feels like that) has to do with how dissatisfied you are with the new album. Now don't give me your trademark "what's wrong with not agreeing with the majority? everyone has an opinion" stuff, becuase that's not my point either.

Ok just being a massive U2 fan it's just a bit disapointing. Anyway point taken.

It's understandable that if you are as dissappointed as you clearly are that you want to vent a little, but I think people might take you more seriously if you just tone it down a little, maybe contribute more to other topics on the forum, i dunno.

rjhbonovox you need your own forum. :lol:
You're starting to sound like a broken record. At this point U2 could release demos of Bono farting over the music to Vertigo and you'd call it unpolished genius.

Matthew_Page2000 said:
rjhbonovox you need your own forum. :lol:
You're starting to sound like a broken record. At this point U2 could release demos of Bono farting over the music to Vertigo and you'd call it unpolished genius.

Eh??? I think that belongs to you, the everything U2 do is genuis bit, wouldn't you say???:eyebrow:

rjhbonovox said:

Eh??? I think that belongs to you, the everything U2 do is genuis bit, wouldn't you say???:eyebrow:

I was referring to your preference for the Fast Cars and Vertigo demos to the "real" thing.
And I don't like everything U2 does. I think Miami and If God will Send his angels are good ideas poorly executed. I think most of the live tracks on the Rattle and Hum album are mediocre or just plain weak by U2 standards. I think that most of the new songs on Rattle and Hum are weak by U2 standards with the exception of AIWiY, God Part II and Heartland.
Most of October is mediocre at best, although Gloria and Tomorrow are lost classics. I love the SOUND of that album though. Just some weaker songs.
Red Light and the Refugee are best forgotten. Permanently forgotten. They're the reason War has faded a bit for me even with 3 undeniable all time U2 classics and several other strong tunes.
I love Zooropa but Babyface and Some Days just don't do it for me.
I love Unforgettable Fire but Wire and Indian Summer Sky don't really excite me that much.
ATYCLB has some great tracks but New York hasn't aged particularly well to my ears. Neither has PoE or Grace.
I can single out songs on almost all of their albums excepting AB, JT and HTDAAB.
Hopefully this will put to rest any misconceptions about me loving everything the band does. I've loved all the different "eras" of U2 music but not every individual song.

rjhbonovox said:

that line is so pre-HTDAAB, and used way before your time. come up with something original.

I would certainly like to hear what the album sounded like before Lillywhite came in. Actually I wish they had recorded every one of their sessions from start to finish, beginning with Boy. I bet those would have some pretty good stuff, considering that they deemed Mercy, Xanax, etc. not good enough to release.

Look boys, some fans will always debate this and that. If we are ever lucky enough to have these songs released in their original format it won't settle this debate.

The only debate settler is the fact that they released "album" now and not the one they thought about last year.

Obviously this album is "too commercial" for some, but I don't give a f@#&k personally. It's a good album, heartfelt, warm, aggressive and rockin'. I know there are a few posters here who will laugh at that last adjective, but it does "rock" compared to Zooropa, Pop and ATYCLB.

My opinion only.... :ohmy:

Matthew_Page2000 said:

I was referring to your preference for the Fast Cars and Vertigo demos to the "real" thing.
And I don't like everything U2 does. I think Miami and If God will Send his angels are good ideas poorly executed. I think most of the live tracks on the Rattle and Hum album are mediocre or just plain weak by U2 standards. I think that most of the new songs on Rattle and Hum are weak by U2 standards with the exception of AIWiY, God Part II and Heartland.
Most of October is mediocre at best, although Gloria and Tomorrow are lost classics. I love the SOUND of that album though. Just some weaker songs.
Red Light and the Refugee are best forgotten. Permanently forgotten. They're the reason War has faded a bit for me even with 3 undeniable all time U2 classics and several other strong tunes.
I love Zooropa but Babyface and Some Days just don't do it for me.
I love Unforgettable Fire but Wire and Indian Summer Sky don't really excite me that much.
ATYCLB has some great tracks but New York hasn't aged particularly well to my ears. Neither has PoE or Grace.
I can single out songs on almost all of their albums excepting AB, JT and HTDAAB.
Hopefully this will put to rest any misconceptions about me loving everything the band does. I've loved all the different "eras" of U2 music but not every individual song.

Err can you point to the thread where I said anything about Fast Cars??? I said that Native Son sounding interesting and would have liked to hear the others, and I just said that the final album sounds overproduced.

The thing that interests me is Steve Lilywhites comment in the DVD documentary. He said, about Sometimes You Can't, that the song had no chorus and they added the damn falsetto bit. Well I would love to hear the song when Chris Thomas had produced it a year ago without the falsetto, cos in my opinion that is a good song ruined by the falsetto. Now if this is the case on other tracks as well then the album version a year ago would make very interesting hearing.

rjhbonovox said:

Err can you point to the thread where I said anything about Fast Cars??? I said that Native Son sounding interesting and would have liked to hear the others, and I just said that the final album sounds overproduced.

The thing that interests me is Steve Lilywhites comment in the DVD documentary. He said, about Sometimes You Can't, that the song had no chorus and they added the damn falsetto bit. Well I would love to hear the song when Chris Thomas had produced it a year ago without the falsetto, cos in my opinion that is a good song ruined by the falsetto. Now if this is the case on other tracks as well then the album version a year ago would make very interesting hearing.

Ladies and Gents, the boy finally got it right. See that is what I am talking about. I don't like the album. Why? [Specific Example].

Good stuff, lad.

Back
Top Bottom