Who wants a full band version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
of "Stay" on this next tour???!

It is too good of a song to perform just w/ Edge-head.

Also, lets have Heartland, Acrobat, Drowning Man, Twilight, Stranger in a Strange Land, Lemon, Red Hill Mining Town, ASOHomecoming (where Bono knows ALL OF THE LYRICS perfectly.)

Come on - come on!

It is time to give the fans who have been around for a while some nuggets. New/younger fans are great but not at the expense of long term fans.

I wholeheartedly agree as far as "Stay" goes, my friend--just check out my handle on these here boards...

I would be down with hearing most of those other songs you mentioned, as well...I just REALLY doubt that most of 'em will end up being played. It's unfortunate (and there are MANY others I'd wanna' hear in an ideal situation, as well), but probably the way it's gonna' be.

I'll also say this: I would sell the motherfuckin' farm to hear a full-on "Dirty Day" and an equally-full "An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart." I know that this stuff belongs in the Tour section and shit...but it's still fun to dream, no? Out loud, no less...

I want full versions of:

Stay
HMTMKMKM
TGBHF
Electrical Storm

not gonna happen but I would love to acrobat performed just once - then slap the sucker on itunes - happy fans the world over

I would rather not hear Stay at all than sit through that watered-down acoustic version that they were doing on the last tour again. What's the point of playing it if you can't hear Edge do that lead guitar part electric?

It amazes me that one of their all time bests isn't recognized by the band as such. While it may not be as universal as one, I find it much more poetic and more moving as well. Better chorus.

laz

redhill said:
of "Stay" on this next tour???!

It is too good of a song to perform just w/ Edge-head.

Also, lets have Heartland, Acrobat, Drowning Man, Twilight, Stranger in a Strange Land, Lemon, Red Hill Mining Town, ASOHomecoming (where Bono knows ALL OF THE LYRICS perfectly.)

A sort of homecoming was, for better or worse, played twice on the last tour.

As for others, wow, very optimistic...
Those songs are either too old (anything pre UF/War doesn't have a chance IMO) or weren't even played on the first tour when the album came out (Heartland, Acrobat, Drowning man, Red hill mining town - Bono couldn't even do it with his JT voice). Lemon fitted on Zooropa but I don't see it working with their current incarnation.

I personally loved the Elevation version of Stay - it is probably their best acoustic song. I also remember Bono saying on the last tour it "might be the best tune we ever wrote".

what do you think about making the generalization that playing songs off zooropa and pop would be easier on bonos voice. Also i would love to hear more songs from both the albums.

exit :drool:

In God´s Country :drool:

All Along The Watchover :drool:

Seconds :drool: ( Must be some Atomic Bomb song !!! :D )

You know how on the last tour, they pulled people onstage to play acoustic guitar on a song? Provided that I get to become one of those people, I have a plan. My plan is to get onstage, hand Bono the lyrics to acrobat, and just start playing the chords. He'll have no choice but to join along with me. Just like when that kid in San Francisco started playing A sort of homecoming last year, and Bono had no choice but to sing along. That's how Acrobat is going to be performed live. Some outside force is just gonna have to get onstage, start playing it and make it happen, then and there.

But anyway, to the real post:

I'd love to hear a full band version of Stay. I'd request that before anything else, if the setlist were up to me. My other full band requests include:

In God's Country
Staring at the sun
Desire (Like on the lovetown tour!)

AND THE FULL BAND VERSION OF WAKE UP DEAD MAN!!!!!

The_acrobat said:
You know how on the last tour, they pulled people onstage to play acoustic guitar on a song? Provided that I get to become one of those people, I have a plan. My plan is to get onstage, hand Bono the lyrics to acrobat, and just start playing the chords. He'll have no choice but to join along with me. Just like when that kid in San Francisco started playing A sort of homecoming last year, and Bono had no choice but to sing along. That's how Acrobat is going to be performed live. Some outside force is just gonna have to get onstage, start playing it and make it happen, then and there.

that's an amazing idea! i'll let you take acrobat, but what should i do?

hmm. . . maybe Flower Child? or In God's Country? possibly When Love Comes to Town?

any requests?

The_acrobat said:

Yes!!! Go, acrobat! A live version of Acrobat would be a U2 fan's dream come true. This is one of my favorite songs...
And for others:
The Electric Co.
Tomorrow(why not? It would fit perfectly with Sometimes)
The Unforgettable Fire(a combo with City of Blinding Lights)
One Tree Hill
Exit
Running To Stand Still
Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
Ultra Violet
ACROBAT!!!
LOVE IS BLINDNESS!
DIRTY DAY!
full band version of Wake Up Dead Man
Last Night on Earth
Please
Kite

If only 10% of this list makes it, I would be a very happy man.

The unplugged version of Stay was cool in 1993, but I'd love to hear it with some bass, drums and funky guitar for once.

ELECTRIC CO
HMTMKMKM
A DAY WITHOUT ME
TOMORROW
OCTOBER
TWO HEARTS BEAT AS ONE
ONE TREE HILL
EXIT
SILVER AND GOLD
GOD PART II
TRYIN TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
DIRTY DAY