who rocks more dave matthews band or u2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i doubt any DMB fans can remember or not whether the DMB rocks.

i think U2 fans have better memories if you know what i mean.

its a good question, but considering youre posting on a U2 fansite i think the answer will be obvious :wink:

lol DMB... Let's see... the lead singer sounds like a retard, they dump their waste onto tourists amidst a river boat expedition, during a music tour related to politics, yet they know nothing about politics.... oh yeah, Dave Mathews Band are real winners.

dmb is a colllection of very talented musicians who don't know how to write music as a band. if you listen to their songs, you can see how they are divided into sections ... dave showing off guitar, then saxophone solo, then violin solo, etc. the mark of a truly great band is one that realizes that songs written by a "band," where everyone contributes to the whole sound, have a certain synergy, not just a sum of all the parts. which is why i think that the members of dmb will be remembered as great musicians, but their reputation as a band and their songs will not have lasting power.

hahaha one of my friends was on that boat - it was one of the architecture tours that every visitor to Chicago goes on....i bet they all got high off of the fumes.

aside from that, Dave Matthews Band is dull. Dave is an unintelligible singer, and I think their lyrics are generally vaccuous. maybe they just don't move me, but jam bands never do (i believe there is a special place in hell for them).

one thing U2 could learn though: DMB have some insanely amazing album cover art....whereas U2 album covers often make me cringe with embarrassment on their behalf.

disco2blue said:
lol DMB... Let's see... the lead singer sounds like a retard, they dump their waste onto tourists amidst a river boat expedition, during a music tour related to politics, yet they know nothing about politics.... oh yeah, Dave Mathews Band are real winners.

tennispunk said:

one thing U2 could learn though: DMB have some insanely amazing album cover art....whereas U2 album covers often make me cringe with embarrassment on their behalf.

I must agree about U2's album covers. Could be a lot better. I do like the covers for War and UF though. Those are quite good.

It's not so much a shit thread, there is just no comparison. DMB aren't even talked about in Australia and I suspect most countries outside the US.

The only exposure I have to DMB is through Dave's solo album, which I picked up after watching his AOL acoustic solo session. Somone from a guitar forum pointed it out to me and I couldn't belive this was the guy who was selling stadium shows in the States. Wonderful set but the DMB stuff i've subsequently heard has not connected with me in the same way at all.

shaun vox said:
dmb are huge in the usa

...and virtually unknown in australia.

I'll admit ive heard of them yet i couldnt name any of their songs if my life depended on it.

The American version of "Our Delta." No ones knows of "Our Delta" except for Aussies

Stop bashing DMB! It's a great band. Take a listen to "Bartender" from the album "Busted Stuff" (prodced by Lillywhite by the way) that is just awsome. However... U2 will always be the greatest band in the world, but less will do just fine for DMB.

Dave Matthews is a tard, and I've thought that for a long time, nothing to do with this thread or the sillyness of the question :wink:

DMB SUCK and do not rock. Their music is not that style. His voice is whiney (only whiner worse than Chris Martin outside country music) and their music twangs, drags and thumps. I honestly can't think of one song by them I can listen to all the way through.

DMB is one of the most overrated bands ever... their music sounds the same over and over and, plus, their following outside the U.S. is pretty much zero. :madspit:

DMB is much bigger than U2 in the US. Outside the US he is nothing. I have been to several DMB shows and estimate at least 30% of his fans are high during the concert. He is unintelligible as a singer, but his fans sing along to every song. The only good thing he does is a lot of musical improvisastion and changing setlists. In a three night stand Dave will do more different songs than U2 will over an entire tour. Dave will tour non-stop in the US to sellouts including stadiums, but 20 years from now will be forgotten. Except for all along the watchtower, there is no rock at a DMB show.

I don't think he's bigger than U2, his following is mostly a 'cult' one, and mostly just college students. U2's appeal is much broader and spans all types and age groups.

Perhaps the question should be who 'and rolls' softer. Maybe then we will gain infinite knowledge.

It's apples and oranges. Both, good fruit - we may have our favorite, we may laugh at another, but in the end they're both tasty in their own right.

Oh, and if you're on drugs - especially hallucinigens - the Vitamin C derived from oranges can really help you get over the body high that can bum you out. Just a helpful tip for all you DMB fans out there!:wink:

DM sucks big. Not to mention he waged a huge misguided war on all the indie music stores just for selling a few bootlegs. Fuck him.:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom