Who remembers this advert? Fave/Hated advert's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-vox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
maze of your imagination, where the streets have n
Does anyone (this is probably for ppl living in the U.K.) remember the advertisment for a vegetable soup, it was something like Heinz, It was made when i was about 3-5 around 1988-1990 and there was a scarecrow in it and he is dancing and singing "Singing in the rain" then he looks into the farmers house and he is eating soup????

Post your favourite and most hated ad's here or ones that are really old
biggrin.gif

One that really annoys me is the jaffa cake ad where the girl says full moon, half moon, total eclipse and then she devours the jaffa cake, it really annoys me.

And i dunno what ad is my fave...I'll get back to you....

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

AAAFFFFLLLLAAAACCCCC!!!!

pray this one doesn't branch out over here
tongue.gif

"...he's looking for a chocolate treat, fluffy and light, cause he knows it won't spoil his appetite, and smart old blue he took the milky way..."

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-10-2001).]

wow, disturbing I remember so much..I have to confess American ads are the funniest..I have some old tapes from the 80's recorded by some American friends and the ads are to die for...especially since most of the future stars started out in ads..

Originally posted by ACROB@T:

"...he's looking for a chocolate treat, fluffy and light, cause he knows it won't spoil his appetite, and smart old blue he took the milky way..."

AAAAh the Milky Way ad's, Milky Way so light you won't spoil your meal....eeek, I remember when I was young always being told off for eating sweeties before dinner
biggrin.gif

I despise toy ads tho, it's really jsut brainwashing little kids....But i do love the ad for the 20 second candy floss maker, i get really excited when i see that ad, I REALLY want Santa to buy me it for Crimbo...eeek I'm being brainwashed too
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George

I was a big sucker for the Mister Icey toys..the ones where you put some ice into his stomach, churn it up (sounds biologically accurate I know!!) and add some flavoured sweetners..those adverts always used to tempt me so much..of course they left out that part where you spend an hour getting the bloody ice to go mushy in the bloody plastic tummy wheel thingy...damn corporate scams...and they didn't taste so great either..toy adverts are probably the best for inaccurate promotions...

..and the lightsaber that made sounds when it felt like it..and only lit up if you held the lightsaber beam parallel to the handle unit..I don't recall Luke having to burn his hand off to get his lightsaber to jump start!!!

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-10-2001).]

I was a big sucker for the Mister Icey toys..the ones where you put some ice into his stomach, churn it up (sounds biologically accurate I know!!) and add some flavoured sweetners..those adverts always used to tempt me so much..of course they left out that part where you spend an hour getting the bloody ice to go mushy in the bloody plastic tummy wheel thingy...damn corporate scams...and they didn't taste so great either..toy adverts are probably the best for inaccurate promotions...

Rofl, I remmeber that it was like Mr frosty or something lol.
I also remember the silly dolls that were on tv like Tiny Tears, Do they still sell them? and Polly Pocket who has now apparently turned into the size of a small child, not really Polly Pocket anymore is she if shes tall??
The lightsabers, rofl

I went through a terrible stage where i made all my dolls bald..and I remember having a Little Mermaid doll but my cousin still her bra and I was really upset for about a month, hehe

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

...Scalextric race sets were the most dangerous, looked very fun and dandy in the adverts..but again forget to mention that very simple fact that there is every chance one of the metal cars can so easily fly off and hit you in the head if you become over zealous with the accelerator, I don't think I did any damage to myself...not much anyway...

excuse the very clear child memories..was discussing my childhood with friends yesterday so its pretty fresh in the mind..I seriously can't comprehend the stuff I did as a kid..youch!

...Scalextric race sets were the most dangerous, looked very fun and dandy in the adverts..but again forget to mention that very simple fact that there is every chance one of the metal cars can so easily fly off and hit you in the head if you become over zealous with the accelerator, I don't think I did any damage to myself...not much anyway...

excuse the very clear child memories..was discussing my childhood with friends yesterday so its pretty fresh in the mind..I seriously can't comprehend the stuff I did as a kid..youch!

Its okay, the memories are nice
smile.gif

The evil childrens toys, I also remmebr having this toy, you put it round your ankle and you had to kind of turn your foot round and jump over this thing with your other foot...that jsut doesnt make sense anyway...

And I had a Lolo ball, I loved them but they were supposed to be bad for fluid in the knee, whoops.

I remember having a Jasper car too, it was small and blue and you had to pedal yourself in it, it was great...

*memories eh?*

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Acrobat can u reply to my Getting to know you thread in Lemonade stand you sound interesting
wink.gif
hehe

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Plop, plop
Fizz, fizz
Oh, what a relief it is!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

THE SHAKE 'N VAC ADS!!!!!!!!!

Cue cheesy music "You do the shake in vac, you get the freshness back"
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Blech...American ads are so damn boring and stupid. I hate every last one of them. I remember in my advertising class how much I loved watching the European commercials. So much more entertaining and visually creative. To give Americans some credit, these cool European commercials were created by the same American ad agencies responsible for the boring American ones. Apparently, the style of commercials are reflective of what the ad agencies think of the general public. They must not think too highly of the American public.

~melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

German adverts are the worst, with their cheesy jingles and smiley lip-syncing Hausfrauen.

Apparently, Dutch TV ads are considered the best in the world.

I enjoy this ad for golf shoes. Pro golfers Ernie Els and Sergio Garcia are at a pro-am event, and waiting for this big fat guy in their group to tee off. He swings and misses about four times, and Ernie and Sergio have looks on their faces that say "Oh man, this is gonna be a long day." Then, at the end, the fat guy hits the ball about five feet to the left, right into a spectator's face. The whole thing is quite funny.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
The new Lord of the Rings Burger King goblet commercials piss me off royally.

But why?

I really hate all holiday commercials-trying to stuff sentiment into a 30 second ad for instant coffee and hardware just isn't right.

------------------
There's heat in the sun to see us through the rain

Originally posted by Klodomir:
BTW, Melon, why do you refuse to move into your new Millennium?

I'm assuming you mean my 2000th post. I want to write a cool message for it, and I don't have time to write it currently. Melon will be stuck at 1999 likely for a few more days. And, if anyone is wondering, no, I'm not retiring that name.

~melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

Love French adverts! They are the best, and it's funny to see how much they get away with over there!

Hate pretty much all American commercials...they suck and there is absolutely no more creativeness in advertising anymore.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Originally posted by Hans Moleman:
I'm assuming you mean my 2000th post. I want to write a cool message for it, and I don't have time to write it currently.
Yep, that's what I meant.

Now, wouldn't it be cool if you wrote something you thought was really profound and everybody hated it?

Oh, btw, one could also argue that you should save the "special" stuff for 2001!

[This message has been edited by Klodomir (edited 12-11-2001).]

rofl, i know what ad i really love.

Its for the pentium 4 processor (i duno if americans have seen this or not)

A group of aliens are looking at a picture of a woman on the pc screen and they all go euggggh!

Then with the computer they take her hair off and change the colour of her skin to blue so she looks like an alien and then they all go whooooooo, rofl...its sooo funny
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Back
Top Bottom