Who produced Electrical Storm???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
Early rumours said U2 had been working with William Orbit. Now that the song is out there, does anyone know who produced the song for sure??

My bet is that it is produced by The Edge. Just a hunch.

If you have deatils let me know.

Peace.

P.S. The song is incredible!

Michael Griffiths said:
I believe it was Richard Rainy (sp?), who has produced for them in some capacity for a long while. I bet Edge had a lot to do with it, too.

LOL! Richard RAINY produced Electrical Storm. hehe!

get it? hehe;)

Very funny Mikal! (That's something I would say, hehe)

I actually don't think it was well produced, to be honest. The guitars and vocals clash in a couple spots. I hope this is just a demo version.

As much as I like the song (I ranked it a 5 out of 10) I think it could use a whole new production filter.

I think it is kind of a mess...

pop_mofo said:
Early rumours said U2 had been working with William Orbit. Now that the song is out there, does anyone know who produced the song for sure??

My bet is that it is produced by The Edge. Just a hunch.

If you have deatils let me know.

Peace.

P.S. The song is incredible!

Those rumours are correct.
As the webmaster of williamorbit.com, I'm about to post the news that he did produced both "Electric Storm" and "hands that built America".

Some of the recording locations are interesting!, all will be revealed on the credit notes on the sleeve.

"Hands that built.." is of written for Scorsese's next film.

Bye for now.
Lethal.

Thanks Lethal and here is the proof

http://www.williamorbit.com/index.htm

EXCLUSIVE: William Orbit produces new U2 single.

William has produced a new track for U2 for their forthcoming 'Greatest Hits 1990-2000', the leading track will be the new single "Electric Storm" recorded in Dublin, London and France.
Already being played on the radio (UK's BBC Radio 1 has already airplayed it), it's due out for release late October.

A second new track "The Hands That Built America" has also been produced by William with U2 for Martin Scorsese's forthcoming film "Gangs Of New York" (starring Leonardo DiCaprio & Cameron Diaz), the film is set for release Christmas Day 2002.

Back
Top Bottom