Who or what dies in All I Want Is You? I want opinions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
this subject probably has been posted 100,000 different times, but it has so many different meanings or so many different ways to look at it and I want to know what everyone thinks...so I want to know who or what do YOU think dies at the end of the All I Want Is You video

u2 does

That's why they don't appear on the video

U can see their ghosts walking on the beach and considering

everything is goin on with the world and the little poor man

The whole history is flashback

What I've always believed is that when the midget rides over to give her the ring, he see's that he is with another man, and he knows he can never have her. He then climbs the ladder and jumps off(which is symbolic that the part of him that thought he could get her and that wanted her now is dead) You then see him bury the ring which finishes it. Its a similar story to Romeo and Juiet.

Yeah...then he goes away & dreams it all up again. Clearly the midget is Bono...

I think the guy the woman is with, dies inside after he kills the woman.
I believe the man was abusing the woman. So the little person is representative of who he wishes he was. He wants to be little so that he can hurt her anymore. U2 walking on the beach is symbolic of his love. The circus is the confusion of love. The little person ascending the ladder and jumping off shows the death of his love after killing the woman. The funeral is for the innocence in the man.

Screwtape2 said:
I think the guy the woman is with, dies inside after he kills the woman.
I believe the man was abusing the woman. So the little person is representative of who he wishes he was. He wants to be little so that he can hurt her anymore. U2 walking on the beach is symbolic of his love. The circus is the confusion of love. The little person ascending the ladder and jumping off shows the death of his love after killing the woman. The funeral is for the innocence in the man.

But the guy she was with is carrying her coffin.
I think that there isn't a hidden meaning to this video, the girl dies and that's that. I've been looking for hidden meanings since the first day it was shown, on a Channel 4 special, (accompanied by a great documentary by the way) and there aren't any. In my opinion of course.

What dies is his dream that he can ever be with the woman.

Burying that dream is his acceptance it's never going to happen.

The universe exploded 'cause of one man's lie
Look, I gotta go, yeah I'm running outta change
There's a lot of things if I could I'd rearrange....

I think the midget dies because he can never have her and u2 are also dead.

Cool video , shame you dont see it much on music channels.

Just seen it again and i noticed a few things.

1. When the midget drops he fly's :huh: and everyone notices it.

2. Thats a very big coffin for such a small guy.

3. When we see a clip of the women tossing and turning in bed the camera angle is quite high up , if it was the midget wouldnt it be much lower ?

4. When the midget throws the ring onto the coffin at the end the bald guy who is burying her notices he has thrown a ring in.

Im confused to who died now lol.

Ellay said:
What dies is his dream that he can ever be with the woman.

Burying that dream is his acceptance it's never going to happen.

Screwtape 2 said:
I don't think the woman is in the coffin. I believe that the coffin holds the man's innocence which is being buried.

So the man shelled out thousands of bucks to pay for a funeral to bury his dream/innocence??? :|

Do you know how expensive caskets are? My friend works in the funeral industry and those bad-boys can cost between $3,000--$10, 000, sometimes more; and that's not even counting how expensive plots are! That's a lot of moolah to bury a dream. Plus, he throws the engagement ring in to be buried as well! Damn, that dwarf must be big ballin'!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom